Troubleshooting a Cursor Malfunction in OSX?

Greetings:

Recently I have switched back over to my Late 2011 Macbook pro as to it yields overall better performance than the other systems in my house. Just recently however, there has been a very vexatious error in the cursors performance. 

Whenever I make an attempt to move over an object, such as an icon on the dock, it won't respond, or detect that the cursor is even there until I physically click it. This proves to be equally as annoying while browsing the internet, especially on the forums as well as YouTube. The physical clicking action works, yet not "mousing over" an icon.

Anything that might help solve the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Extra Details: I am using a Roccat Kone XTD w/o drivers installed, yet even after switching back to the trackpad, it has the same exact problem.

Thank you,

//CCap 

//ccap

@CCap - have you tried restarting? Don't tick "Reopen windows after logging back in".

It might be slow performance. I know you said it is faster than the systems in your house but sometimes it is an indicator of slow performance. This issue can be hard to diagnose.

@CCap - have you tried restarting? Don't tick "Reopen windows after logging back in".

It might be slow performance. I know you said it is faster than the systems in your house but sometimes it is an indicator of slow performance. This issue can be hard to diagnose.

I'll be sure to try this when I get back home. Last time I did restart, I did leave that box checked. That might be the issue.

Thanks

//CCap

//ccap

Apparently my Macbook was upset that I didn't upgrade to Mavericks. I'm installing it now, and that I am 99% sure will fix the problem, although a simple reboot would have been sufficient. 

//ccap