3D printed PC cases?

snoopunit
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
On 8/6/2019 at 7:45 PM, snoopunit said:

I'm wondering if anyone here has had a custom case 3D printed. Are there any drawbacks to this besides the investment in design?

Yes it's possible but most one I've seen are just of the frame or chassis portions as it's more practical. This was a popular one I saw a good while back:

https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/754790-Scratch-Build-Node-3D-Printed-PC-Case

I'm wondering if anyone here has had a custom case 3D printed. Are there any drawbacks to this besides the investment in design?

3 minutes ago, RobbinM said:

Why would you ask this kind of question?

I want to 3D print a larger version of an old game console that I can put a PC into. Just wondering if it's possible.

Everything in this universe is possible.

Sometimes you just have to take the jump.

If it doesn't work out -> V2. And so on.

Doing something out of the ordinary takes guts.

In other words, it doesn't depend on if it is physically possible, but on whether you can make it happen.

Go for it. Show me the working machine. Have no doubts about your abilities.

No signature found

I was just trying to see if anyone had done something like this before, be it a full tower case or not. 

Oh man, I so want to do a NES case pc.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

On 8/6/2019 at 7:45 PM, snoopunit said:

Yes it's possible but most one I've seen are just of the frame or chassis portions as it's more practical. This was a popular one I saw a good while back:

https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/754790-Scratch-Build-Node-3D-Printed-PC-Case

17 hours ago, Edward78 said:

Oh man, I so want to do a NES case pc.

Yea, I've been wanting to build a PC into a PS1 shell ever since I bought the PS1 classic. speaking of, I still have to go down to the store and pick it up! Anyways, I'm gonna talk to my buddy with a 3D printer and see if he has any ideas.

On 8/9/2019 at 5:26 PM, snoopunit said:

Yea, I've been wanting to build a PC into a PS1 shell ever since I bought the PS1 classic. speaking of, I still have to go down to the store and pick it up! Anyways, I'm gonna talk to my buddy with a 3D printer and see if he has any ideas.

Will you post it when done?

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

On 8/15/2019 at 12:02 AM, Edward78 said:

Will you post it when done?

sure, I still haven't contacted my friend. might be a while, but i'll try to remember

On 8/21/2019 at 5:46 PM, snoopunit said:

sure, I still haven't contacted my friend. might be a while, but i'll try to remember

No rush.