Vcore wont go above 1.1 using offset mode, cant find manual mode setting

The mother board im using is an TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING 

I am trying to manually OC my 3600 but under the setting "vddcr cpu voltage" I can only set it to "auto" or "offset mode" does anyone know where the option to enable manual mode is on this bios?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offset means stock + ... Or - ...

Random values: your stock is 1.0

Your offset is +0.1

Result your value is 2.1

Or offset is -0.2

So value is 0.8

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

2 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

Offset means stock + ... Or - ...

Random values: your stock is 1.0

Your offset is +0.1

Result your value is 2.1

Or offset is -0.2

So value is 0.8

Are you sure this is how offset mode works? This is what i thought originally but when I set my offset to + .2 and i ran cinebench with my cpu at 4ghz my voltage did not go above 1.1 which is the stock. 

1 minute ago, RorytheDog said:

Are you sure this is how offset mode works? This is what i thought originally but when I set my offset to + .2 and i ran cinebench with my cpu at 4ghz my voltage did not go above 1.1 which is the stock. 

I am sure. Why that happens is unknown to me. Try to undervolt, and see if that changes it. It might be a hard (unchangeable) limit.

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

2 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

I am sure. Why that happens is unknown to me. Try to undervolt, and see if that changes it. It might be a hard (unchangeable) limit.

Hmm. Is it possible that offset mode works by allowing the cpu to hit that stock+/- offset voltage but doesnt keep it there statically? This would make sense if my cpu just didnt need more than 1.1 to hit 4ghz.

Edit:

I also do not think this is a "hard limit" as my cpu voltage has hit upwards of 1.35 under auto settings so it should not be a limitation of any of my parts

1 minute ago, RorytheDog said:

Hmm. Is it possible that offset mode works by allowing the cpu to hit that stock+/- offset voltage but doesnt keep it there statically? This would make sense if my cpu just didnt need more than 1.1 to hit 4ghz.

Edit:

I also do not think this is a "hard limit" as my cpu voltage has hit upwards of 1.35 under auto settings so it should not be a limitation of any of my parts

Tried to do some quick research but not a good answer. That might be whats happening. I do have a clear explanation of what offset does: it always adds to the stock voltage. So if your offset is 0 05 it always adds 0.05 to stock values at either high or low usage.

Ok now im really confused. 

cpu is at 4.2 during cinebench run that resulted in a score of 1589 which is damn close to stock... voltage doesnt go above 1.1 please help lol

dafug.PNG

What happens when it at auto?

8 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

What happens when it at auto?

1.35 at 4.2ghz

dumbfounded.PNG

Edit:

Also this is the reason I thought offset mode must work differently than just increasing voltage by +/- whatever

This is really not how (i think) it is supposed to work. Are you using the latest bios? If yes, try using ryzen master, it might be that hwmonitor is acting up. If not, try updating :).

its 2am for me so i gtg. I'll tomorrow morning, but in the mean time try the above and if that doesn't help look into the "asus bios amd offset not working" or something.

like i said i really gtg, so best of luck! ?

3 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

This is really not how (i think) it is supposed to work. Are you using the latest bios? If yes, try using ryzen master, it might be that hwmonitor is acting up. If not, try updating :).

its 2am for me so i gtg. I'll tomorrow morning, but in the mean time try the above and if that doesn't help look into the "asus bios amd offset not working" or something.

like i said i really gtg, so best of luck! ?

no im not running the newest bios, ill have to update and see if that resolves it but considering i've only got a 3600 im only looking at a potential uplift of about 100mhz anyway by manually oc'ing so i might wait on the bios update.

thanks for your help though much appreicated!

Edit:

oh also i used coretemp aswell during both runs to ensure that i had redundancy