Run Minecraft Server. Plugins?

Hey guys,

so Ive just started off with our first MC Server for my friends and I. I hope theres s1 out there that can help us out haha.

Its a spigot server and Ive investigated plugins today. I dont want to do anything fancy. As of now a spawn area has been created, where non admins cant change/build anything. thats the only thing that went well so far - setting zones with permissions etc. I have a few questions though that I couldnt get answers to via googling, youtube, plugin creator websites etc.

How do you set up a currency, as in with sth like GemsEconomy https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/gemseconomy.19655/

and combine it with a shop as in with e.g.: MorphShops https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/morphshops-1-14.59678/

The problem I have is that I cant find out how to essentially bind all of us to having to pay for sth prior to having permission to take sth from a chest.

Like, I set up a Currency with GemsEconomy right. But then how do I establish a trade system, or more clearly:

How do you create shops with a plugin and then combine it with another plugin, that establishes a currency system.

The result should be that I can check out a friends' shop, but only take items from it if I pay a certain price, that can be set by player / admin / general rule or whatever.

All these plugins seem to bring awesome ideas to life, but I must definitely be missing a key component in actually implementing gameplay changing plugins.

Any1 know a plugin that creates a job system, compatible with 1.14.4? :) If theres none, I guess Ill downgrade to 1.14. That wouldnt be a major issue right? last few updates were only small bug fixes, if I heard that correctly.

Thanks for all help, much appreciated.

Greetings,

Chris

Yeah I saw your thread from that recommedations for old build. You should downgrade for 1.13.2 or wait sometime because there isn't many compatible plugins for 1.14.4.

And you could change spigot to paper. It has better perfomance and fixes chest and hopper lags.

Just now, eemunni said:

Yeah I saw your thread from that recommedations for old build. You should downgrade for 1.13.2 or wait sometime because there isn't many compatible plugins for 1.14.4.

And you could change spigot to paper. It has better perfomance and fixes chest and hopper lags.

Hey thanks for the reply :)

- Ill look into getting my server to paper. Lag fixes are the main reason I am running 1.14.4 at all, since I thought that if any - it would be patches fixing some of the older issues.

- Ill consider downgrading, in order to get the Job (i think its called "Jobs Revived") Plugin working. That will only require 1.14.4 -> 1.14 though. Why would you advise going down to 1.13.2? or rephrased: What other plugins do you think I should use?

- and my biggest issue: since Im not capable of establishing an economy with GemsEconomy and MorphShops, which economy plugin would you advise me to get? All I want is a server wide currency, people having a balance, people being forced to pay with that currency. (unless they wanna just gift or trade otherwise ofc)

thank you so much. Even if none of this works, a stable experience is worth alot - so the advice to get Paper is already highly appreciated!

8 minutes ago, Chris V said:

Hey thanks for the reply :)

- Ill look into getting my server to paper. Lag fixes are the main reason I am running 1.14.4 at all, since I thought that if any - it would be patches fixing some of the older issues.

- Ill consider downgrading, in order to get the Job (i think its called "Jobs Revived") Plugin working. That will only require 1.14.4 -> 1.14 though. Why would you advise going down to 1.13.2? or rephrased: What other plugins do you think I should use?

- and my biggest issue: since Im not capable of establishing an economy with GemsEconomy and MorphShops, which economy plugin would you advise me to get? All I want is a server wide currency, people having a balance, people being forced to pay with that currency. (unless they wanna just gift or trade otherwise ofc)

thank you so much. Even if none of this works, a stable experience is worth alot - so the advice to get Paper is already highly appreciated!

Oh... I haven't looked those news so much and I realised there are many new plugins for 1.14. Sorry my bad. Long time to me how new economy plugins work :)

Hmm... I think that jobs reborn would be good for your server. It looks pretty easy to set up if you follow that tutorial video.

And you could use CMI or EssentialsX instead of GemsEconomy because MorphShops seems only support those two.

EDIT: you seem to need that Vault plugin too to get morphshop to work