Mate 20 Pro screen glowing very dimly when displaying completely black picture

Greetings all,

I'd like to inform people of something interesting that I've found out. While i was using my Mate 20 Pro in a completely dark room i've figured out that portions of the screen that are suppose to be pitch black are, in fact, emitting light. It is incredibly dim and nigh impossible to notice in normal circumstances and after taking a few pictures, it seems that it is glowing green (this particular phone has a BOE display and none of that Gluegate nonsense as far as i know). This glow is present when my phone is displaying a pitch black image or displaying something over a high contrast background (i'm using dark mode) and even while it is booting up. The glow doesn't really change at all when i try changing brightness levels unless I've cranked it up all the way, in which case the glow gets even dimmer and as far as i can see, limited to the top portion of the display. The lighting here is also not uniform and varies throughout the display. The phone displays a perfect, pure black background only while the screen is locked and always-on-display is ticking away, there is no dim green glow happening in these circumstances. After some experimenting with the OLED Tools app i think I've found out why this is happening. While going through the burn-in test the app provides, I've noticed that going all the way down to 1% lighting on colors like blue and red results in a completely black image. The blue and red pixels turn on at different brightness levels, as is to be expected considering that LEDs emitting different colors don't turn on at the same exact power level which is a "feature" LEDs have no matter where they are found (OLED display or otherwise). The color green is a slightly different story, it turns on at 1% brightness (green SHOULD require less power as far as i know) and when it does so, it creates the exact picture that I've been seeing in "pure black" images, so very dim and green. It seems to me that my display isn't defective and Huawei just made a boo-boo considering that my display appears to be capable of reproducing a fully black image when told to do so. I think the phone never allows portions of the screen to become fully off when displaying high contrast content, rather, it leaves it at 1% for some reason.

There's no reason why something like this cannot be fixed with a simple patch.
I hope that at least some of you survived my wall of text (which i apologize for) and understand why this may be happening if you are in the same boat.
I'll put up some pictures (they are pretty bad, i also apologize for that...), just keep in mind that it's more difficult to see this with your own eyes and it's a lot dimmer than it seems. I also did not know that the light is actually green until i took these pictures, that's how faint it is.
In any case, have a good day y'all.

IMG_20190804_171420.jpg

IMG_20190804_172001.jpg

IMG_20190804_172758.jpg

IMG_20190804_173049.jpg