FiiO X1 II or X3 II, both the same price Which?

Bitter

I have an ailing Sandisk Sansa Clip music player that I flashed with RockBox a long time ago, the battery is getting weak and the OLED has lost ALL of it's blue pixels, otherwise it plays well. I'd like to replace it with something for an upcoming road trip where I'll be driving about 20ish hours round trip plus several hours driving around the destination. I don't care for using my phone to play back my own music, streaming Pandora is fine on it but the touch screen makes controlling it very difficult in the car since the car doesn't have Bluetooth (and that's not changing anytime soon!). Physical buttons are a MUST.

I've narrowed it down to a FiiO X1 II or a X3 II, they're both within $10 of each other but I'm having a hard time figuring out which is the better one to get.

http://fiio.net/en/products/72

https://www.fiio.com/x1ii

Check out Z Reviews on youtube. I believe he has a review on each of those you are looking at.

1 hour ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

Check out Z Reviews on youtube. I believe he has a review on each of those you are looking at.

Thanks, I'll give them a watch later on.

I did some more reading and I think the X1 would better suit my needs for a portable player. The X3 has some nice added functionality but I'm not going to be driving any difficult headphones and don't need a USB DAC. The X1 has comparable battery life to the X3 but the packaging is a little more rugged and there's less bells and whistles to mess with. I'm going to miss RockBox but I think I'll do OK.

I'll make a final decision once I see thos reviews, thanks for mentioning them.

Couldn't find their review on the X1 II, but saw some others and decided it was good enough for my needs.