Computer wont detect apps from Android

Zoltix

Hello all,

I've been trying to use apps on my phone and computer that are designed to communicate with each other via USB tethering or via WIFI, however, I've tried different apps and different phones but the PC still won't detect the android Application via tethering and via WIFI. I've tried manually adding the IP Addresses, Disabling my firewall, Disabling my AntiVirus but the devices can't seem to communicate with each other. At best the PC sometimes is able to ping my phone but can't make a connection to it. Sorry if this is the wrong topic.

Thanks in advance,

Cornell

what exactly are you trying to do, transfer files? please be specific

3 hours ago, goto10 said:

what exactly are you trying to do, transfer files? please be specific

I'm trying to do a few things actually, I'm trying to use an app that will allow me to use my phones Vr headset on my computer, I'm also trying to use an app that will display some of Euro Truck Simulators dashboard such as the RPM and speedometer on my tablet, but both don't detect my phone over USB tethering and wifi.

that kind of apps will only use wifi, not usb

are both the phone and the pc connected to the same router?

those apps, do they need any specific requirements like windows or android version?

if the apps are provided by the game developer, they can give better support to them than any other recomendation i could think of

1 hour ago, goto10 said:

that kind of apps will only use wifi, not usb

are both the phone and the pc connected to the same router?

those apps, do they need any specific requirements like windows or android version?

if the apps are provided by the game developer, they can give better support to them than any other recomendation i could think of

the apps give options within to use USB tethering, and that is what is recommended by tutorials for the best connectivity. My pc is connected to a different router than my computer so I made my own wifi hotspot and tried connecting them there. 

i would try first using wifi, both devices on the same network, the phone via wifo to the router and the pc via wifi or via ethernet, but same network

the usb usually requires a driver, check if there is a driver and if the phone must be connected via mtp or what way, what you want to do is very specific, as i mentioned is better if you contact the app developers

17 minutes ago, goto10 said:

i would try first using wifi, both devices on the same network, the phone via wifo to the router and the pc via wifi or via ethernet, but same network

the usb usually requires a driver, check if there is a driver and if the phone must be connected via mtp or what way, what you want to do is very specific, as i mentioned is better if you contact the app developers

Im not sure if it needs a driver because if i unplug my ethernet and tether my phone to my pc, my pc uses my phones wifi

14 hours ago, Zoltix said:

Im not sure if it needs a driver because if i unplug my ethernet and tether my phone to my pc, my pc uses my phones wifi

That's because your phone acts like a router, this will interfere as the apps running on the phone will be considered on your main WiFi whereas your PC will be on the other network your phone created for sharing the Internet with your PC.

This may also be happening with whatever you are using to create a hot spot.  A full-blown WiFi Access Point [usually] bridges the WiFi and LAN, so they are the same network.  Windows Hotspot or your phone, acts like a router where your LAN and the WiFi are different networks.

Naturally your phone and PC MUST be connected to the same network to see each other.  I'm not sure how the apps handle this over USB, but it may depend on what support your phone OS was compiled with.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7