Help with part list

Callumm

Hello, I’m not sure if this is where I ask but I was looking to build a pc for somewhere in the 2000-3000 aud range. The pc will be mostly used for gaming with a bit of video editing on the side, I don’t need anything like monitors or keyboards and such, the only thing I’m adamant about except for the inwin infinity case and maybe the rgb Corsair ram

heres what me and a friend put together quickly, I don’t think the list price includes the case and I need a hard drive  

Thanks,

Also this is my first home build so I’m not experienced 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($569.00 @ Umart) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX L240 69.34 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($97.00 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($279.47 @ Amazon Australia) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($283.52 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: HP EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($208.90 @ Newegg Australia) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  ($909.00 @ Scorptec) 
Case: Inwin 805 Infinity ATX Mid Tower Case  ($369.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master V Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($143.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Total: $3017.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-03 22:49 AEST+1000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

6 minutes ago, Bullzy said:

What is the need for such as low profile cooler?

I just chose it cause it looked good for its price ?

8 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($569.00 @ Umart) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX L240 69.34 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($97.00 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($279.47 @ Amazon Australia) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($283.52 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: HP EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($208.90 @ Newegg Australia) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  ($909.00 @ Scorptec) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master V Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($143.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Total: $3017.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-03 22:49 AEST+1000

Is there any easy way to make this list a bit less?

also I’m quite inexperienced, will this intel cpu to LGA be something I have to go out of my way to do or is it just a another cpu that has some stuff going on I don’t know about

2 minutes ago, Callumm said:

I just chose it cause it looked good for its price ?

I would recommend this

1 minute ago, Bullzy said:

I would recommend this

Wow! Didn’t even realise they came this cheap, I just kinda saw the first 10 options that were suggested and thought they were all ~$80

7 minutes ago, Callumm said:

Is there any easy way to make this list a bit less?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($468.00 @ Shopping Express) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler  ($29.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B360 HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($139.29 @ Amazon Australia) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 500 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($99.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Total: $2648.71
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-03 23:00 AEST+1000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 minutes ago, Callumm said:

Wow! Didn’t even realise they came this cheap, I just kinda saw the first 10 options that were suggested and thought they were all ~$80

That is a very cheap option just look further into the page.

17 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($468.00 @ Shopping Express) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler  ($29.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B360 HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($139.29 @ Amazon Australia) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 500 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($99.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Total: $2648.71
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-03 23:00 AEST+1000

Wow! Thank you so much for your quick replies, it looks just like what I need but is this Intel core to LGA motherboard something I need to look into or is it just some stuff I don’t need to worry about. Is there a reason it should be that motherboard?

14 minutes ago, Callumm said:

Wow! Thank you so much for your quick replies, it looks just like what I need but is this Intel core to LGA motherboard something I need to look into or is it just some stuff I don’t need to worry about

Are you sure you want to go intel?

1 minute ago, Catchears said:

Are you sure you want to go intel?

I don’t know if I do or not, I’m just going with what was recommended 

24 minutes ago, Callumm said:

Wow! Thank you so much for your quick replies, it looks just like what I need but is this Intel core to LGA motherboard something I need to look into or is it just some stuff I don’t need to worry about

LGA stands for Land Grid Array, and describes the connection between the CPU and the motherboard. That means the motherboard CPU socket(the slot you put the CPU into) has gold pins in it, and the CPU has gold plates. These plates and pins contact when the CPU is installed.

There is PGA(pin grid array), where the pins are on the CPU and the plates are on the motherboard socket(this is used by AMD), and BGA(Ball grid array). BGA is mostly used for stuff like RAM modules where it is soldered

I assume you care about aesthetics, so I chose a much cheaper case which still looks gorgeous, 5 RGB fans to compliment that, RGB RAM and a decent looking GPU.

RTX 2070 can be overclocked to reach 2070 Super levels. If you want the 2070 Super's extra performance, just buy an RTX 2080. 

Ryzen 5 3600 has same amount of threads and cores as i7-8700, slightly slower clock speed but much higher instructions per clock.

Intel 660p has very good price to performance, cheaper than many slower SATA SSDs

4 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

LGA stands for Land Grid Array, and describes the connection between the CPU and the motherboard. That means the motherboard CPU socket(the slot you put the CPU into) has gold pins in it, and the CPU has gold plates. These plates and pins contact when the CPU is installed.

There is PGA(pin grid array), where the pins are on the CPU and the plates are on the motherboard socket, and BGA(Ball grid array). BGA is mostly used for stuff like RAM modules where it is soldered

I assume you care about aesthetics, so I chose a much cheaper case which still looks gorgeous, 5 RGB fans to compliment that, RGB RAM and a decent looking GPU. 

Oh I just realised I was looking at his signature and not his actual reply, sorry for the confusion 

1 minute ago, Callumm said:

Oh I just realised I was looking at his signature and not his actual reply, sorry for the confusion 

8 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

There is PGA(pin grid array), where the pins are on the CPU and the plates are on the motherboard socket(this is used by AMD), and BGA(Ball grid array). BGA is mostly used for stuff like RAM modules where it is soldered

RTX 2070 can be overclocked to reach 2070 Super levels. If you want the 2070 Super's extra performance, just buy an RTX 2080. 

Ryzen 5 3600 has same amount of threads and cores as i7-8700, slightly slower clock speed but much higher instructions per clock.

Intel 660p has very good price to performance, cheaper than many slower SATA SSDs

If I really did want the inwin infinity case would this list still work?

2 minutes ago, Callumm said:

If I really did want the inwin infinity case would this list still work?

I personally wouldn't recommend it, as it is overpriced but it would work. The In Win infinity case fits 5 fans so it would be fine

Just now, _d0nut said:

I personally wouldn't recommend it, as it is overpriced but it would work. The In Win infinity case fits 5 fans so it would be fine

Sweet, I just really want that in particular because the way it would be set up in my room the only part you’d be able to see without getting close would be the cool bit. And I’d be happy to just stare at that effect rather than play games :P

14 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

The 2070 super is significantly faster the 2070, overclocking the 2070 to 2070 super levels is unrealistic imo. The 2060 super is basically as fast as a 2070 and the 2070 super is basically as fast as the 2080. I would recommend going with 2060 super > 2070 and 2070 super > 2080. The 2070 super is also the same GPU die as the 2080 :)

14 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

I agree with this. I have a 660p as a second ssd in my system. But I use a smaller 970 evo as my main drive because it’s more reliable (and faster)

40 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

The pc part picker says “

• Warning!Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Zen 2 CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.” Is this something I need to worry about?
Edited by Callumm
Adding question

51 minutes ago, Callumm said:

The pc part picker says “

• Warning!Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Zen 2 CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.” Is this something I need to worry about?

b450 tomahawk has a feature where you can update the bios to one that supports ryzen 3000 without a cpu in the mobo

1 minute ago, _d0nut said:

b450 tomahawk has a feature where ytou can update the bios to one that supports ryzen 3000 without a cpu in the mobo

Thanks for your help!