Will my Power Supply Work?

I recieved a custom build PC about a year ago. It looks like video card is going to need to be replaced (this wasn't part of the build, I had this already). 

Unfortunately it looks like the power supply they used isn't as good as I hoped. They used a EVGA 500 W1.  

I had just started looking at maybe a 1660Ti, GTX 2060 or maybe a 5700. Would I even be able to use any of these? What would everyone recommend? 

i7-8700
16 GB RAM
500 W EVGA Power Supply
B360M Pro-VDH Motherboard
250 GB SSD

I currently game on my 65 OLED TV. I usually game at 1440p and up depending on the game. I like to aim for 60 fps.

Are you asking for psu recommendations or gpu recommendations, cause personally i'd upgrade my powersupply before considering a gpu upgrade.

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x  Cooler: Wraith Prism    RAM: 32gb G.Skill Tridentz RGB 3200mhz     Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

Storage: 250gb Samsung 960 EVO, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

HTPC/VR Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Storage: 120gb Kingston A400, 500gb Samsung 860 EVO

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4ghz OC     Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition    RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz     Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 MATX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Inwin 301 White/Blue     PSU: Evga 450BR    

Storage: 240gb Crucial BX500, 1TB Seagate Barracuda

I guess GPU recommendations. I doubt I would have ability to replace the power supply as I basically would be taking the computer apart and I doubt I could out it back together. 

My current GPU isn't really working which is why I would have liked to replace it. 

From what I've seen a 500W power supply should be fine for the 5700.

1 minute ago, Chazz182 said:

I guess GPU recommendations. I doubt I would have ability to replace the power supply as I basically would be taking the computer apart and I doubt I could out it back together. 

I mean, you could technically "run" any of the graphics cards you mentioned prior but it would be sketch, like, really sketch. Also (not pressuring you, but) changing out the psu isnt too difficult but i can understand if your hesitant to do so.

1 minute ago, Random_User said:

From what I've seen a 500W power supply should be fine for the 5700.

yeeeaahhh but it's a 500 W1... kinda meh psu

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x  Cooler: Wraith Prism    RAM: 32gb G.Skill Tridentz RGB 3200mhz     Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

HTPC/VR Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4ghz OC     Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition    RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz     Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 MATX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Inwin 301 White/Blue     PSU: Evga 450BR    

It seems like a lot of the cables are run behind the motherboard and zip tied to different parts as well. So I don't know how else to do it besides taking the whole thing a part. 

Unless there is an easier way to access them. The case it a Focus G Mini if that helps. 

It seems like a lot of the cables are run behind the motherboard and zip tied to different parts as well. So I don't know how else to do it besides taking the whole thing a part. 

Make sure to quote people or use @driftz240so people see your responses. 

Power supply cables aren't too complicated, you may have to clip those zip ties but getting the right cables in isn't exactly a trial. They're all shaped so you can't plug them in wrong, all you'd have to do is route one cable to the GPU, one to the CPU power in the top left corner, big 24 pin connector to the motherboard on the right, and whatever hard drives/SSDs get a SATA power cable. Maybe there's a molex fan or two but I doubt it, then you're off to the races.

I recommend an RX 5700 because those were just rumored to show up in a couple weeks, would do quite nicely.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Unless there is an easier way to access them. The case it a Focus G Mini if that helps. 

Well to replace a power supply you would just take off both side panels cut the zipties/ undo any cable tiedowns and unplug the components (Usually just CPU, Motherboard, GPU, and any storage devices). Then just take out the psu and all the cables, put in the new one and reverse.

Gaming Rig:

HTPC/VR Rig:

Streaming Rig:

2 minutes ago, driftz240 said:

Well to replace a power supply you would just take off both side panels cut the zipties/ undo any cable tiedowns and unplug the components (Usually just CPU, Motherboard, GPU, and any storage devices). Then just take out the psu and all the cables, put in the new one and reverse.

Heh, it sound easy when you say it like that. 

I'm just wondering what amount you would need to spend on a decent quality power supply that would work for me. 

Also, if I didn't changed the PSU, what could potentially happen?

3 minutes ago, Chazz182 said:

I'm just wondering what amount you would need to spend on a decent quality power supply that would work for me. 

Not a crazy amount but still not super cheap. Theres a tier list on the cases and power supplys forum: 

Something like a cx550m should be good.

6 minutes ago, Chazz182 said:

Shitty psu's can fry components or even just outright catch on fire. 

Gaming Rig:

HTPC/VR Rig:

Streaming Rig:

10 minutes ago, Chazz182 said:

I've had a cheapo PSU die on me, took a motherboard with it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

I've had a cheapo PSU die on me, took a motherboard with it.

Im sorry for your loss... *cries*... may that motherboard rest in peace.

Gaming Rig:

HTPC/VR Rig:

Streaming Rig:

28 minutes ago, driftz240 said:

Not a crazy amount but still not super cheap. Theres a tier list on the cases and power supplys forum: 

Something like a cx550m should be good.

Shitty psu's can fry components or even just outright catch on fire. 

So it's more about the quality of power then the actual wattage, is that correct? So if I could a lower tier graphics card that wouldn't really help, correct? The build is still under warranty for another as well apparently. 

So it's more about the quality of power then the actual wattage, is that correct? 

Yeah, a crappy 800w psu is still crap at the end of the day.

2 minutes ago, Chazz182 said:

So if I could a lower tier graphics card that wouldn't really help, correct?

Yeah i would focus on a psu upgrade for now.

Gaming Rig:

HTPC/VR Rig:

Streaming Rig:

1 hour ago, driftz240 said:

Would something off the Tier C list work? Or should I go for the B list?

Sorry just read your recommendation. Is the one you are talking about https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/3hkwrH/corsair-power-supply-cp9020102na?

3 hours ago, driftz240 said:

Or even something like this?

https://www.newegg.ca/corsair-tx-m-series-tx550m-550w/p/N82E16817139210

I think it's higher one the list, but I just wanted to make sure. It seems like it cheaper as well so maybe I'm wrong. 

2 hours ago, Chazz182 said:

Or even something like this?

https://www.newegg.ca/corsair-tx-m-series-tx550m-550w/p/N82E16817139210

I think it's higher one the list, but I just wanted to make sure. It seems like it cheaper as well so maybe I'm wrong. 

If you've got the money then yeah you could go for the tx.

Gaming Rig:

HTPC/VR Rig:

Streaming Rig: