need a pair of headphones for the gym

Chaos_Sorcerer

So my Jaybird X3s broke recently...after a little over a year of use...and just past the warranty period. And so I need a new pair. Working out without music is pretty miserable. I have 2 options: 

1) get a good pair that'll last a while

2) get many relatively cheap pairs to last me around the same time

I'm pretty brutal with my workout buds. I don't run or whatever, but I do sweat a lot when I lift heavy. And the X3s kind of have me skeptical of #1 due to my use case.

I'm willing to spend a decent amount ($100-$200) if I can get a pair that'll last...if not, I'd rather take $30-$50 options. I've also been looking at this Bluetooth adapter for my HD 598s, but I dunno if it's a good idea to take them to the gym. 

The headphones don't need to be sweatproof or wireless, but it's a plus (especially if they're pricier). I'd like earbuds, but if there's a good over-ear or on-ear, I'll take it. I listen to just about every kind of music, so I'm not looking for bass-boosted cans. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

I was personally looking for something for this purpose, though I did want it to have (some) (salt)water resistance.

This was the list I consulted to get at least some ideas and suggestions: https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/best/by-usage/running-working-out

The cheap (40 USD) Anker earphones are likely the ones I will go for. To me, the trade-off in sound quality and some Bluetooth features is worth the price and battery life.

The wire between the earphones (so it's not 'truly Wireless') is to me a small plus, it means I couldn't use it. Some Amazon reviews did mention some bad parts, but these seem like just slightly bad units, rather than a flawed product.

By the JBL Free X (something like that) or the Jaybird earphones on that list also look like decent options.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I think that for that purpose the way they fit may be the deciding factor, right?

I use UE pro 11 which sound overwhelmingly good but they come with a heavy pricetag and I don‘t like to mix cable and BT which kinda defeats the purpose.

so I came across decibulls at KS, probably on Indigogo as well and the custom molding patent seems very promising. Even if they turn out to only sound half decent they gonna be perfect for the gym at a fair price.

https://www.decibullz.com/

I backed the BT version which is not available on their page yet.

Plantronics for the win.

I actually love these and for some time used them as daily on the move drivers. I've recommended them to three others who have bought them and loved them, too.