Too Much Overclocking

Ronanwar

Well, I was messing with the controls and was seeing how far each bar can go to. I think I accidentally pressed apply and my monitors all turned pink and yellow and had to start in safe mode to uninstall the program. The program I used is precision X. GTX 760. Is that bad? Well it damage the card?

Computer SpecsGPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980 Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero VII Power Supply: SeaSonic 760W 80+ Platinum CPU: Intel i7-4790k

Other Facts: Phone: Galaxy Note 3 Laptop: 13-inch 2.4 GHz Macbook pro with Retina 

No, your card is fine just set the overclock back to stock. Also look around for some guides for GPU overclocking and follow them.

Quote me to get a reply!

Alright, Thank you.

Computer SpecsGPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980 Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero VII Power Supply: SeaSonic 760W 80+ Platinum CPU: Intel i7-4790k

Other Facts: Phone: Galaxy Note 3 Laptop: 13-inch 2.4 GHz Macbook pro with Retina 

Yet another OC OD, as said just set everything to default, remember to be moderate when doing this kind of thing.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Your lucky I remember burning up 4xxcards all the time just from regular use

Your lucky I remember burning up 4xxcards all the time just from regular use

18months and the HD4870, had 3 of them. Loved the performance Jump from the previously installed HD3850

In hindsight I really wish I added smaller fans to those unfanned fin stocks surrounding the heatpipes.DSCF0010.JPG

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

you can never have too much overclocking. it was probably the limit of the memory or memory controller. just put it back 25mhz or so and it'll be fine. it better to know what the limit of the card is than to have a possibly slower pc when you could run it faster.  :)

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016