Rx 580 problem Help!

Hi, first post here.

I recently acquired a MSI Rx 580 V1 to upgrade my father’s personal computer. 

He he has a Dell Optiplex MT with an i7 3770 16gb of 1600mhz ram and a Seasonic 500w psu

The 580 is giving me issues booting as it quickly flashes green then heads to a blank black screen where I can do nothing. 

I have the latest drivers, the latest Bios, the Radeon software installed, the 580 is set as the default display in the bios, all physical connections secured. 

The card shows up in the bios and in the Radeon software when I’m using the intel hd display but can not get the card to boot. The card is getting power because the fan is spinning. 

Any ideas on the issue or is the gpu just dead?

Did the Computer have a graphics card in before? Try DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)  and remove the drivers. Make sure you boot the PC without the graphics card and then when you're done with a pc with no drivers install the GPU and turn on. If that works then you can install the drivers and it should be good. If you need help feel free to ask me and I'll be happy to help. The worst that it could be is the dead GPU or PCIe slot.

Erik

7/30/2019 12:24 AM

1 hour ago, SkyguyXD said:

You can try flashing the bios if it were a mining card, just use ati flash and get the bios file from tech power up's database

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

17 hours ago, KEVINHASNOSHOES said:

Did the Computer have a graphics card in before? Try DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)  and remove the drivers. Make sure you boot the PC without the graphics card and then when you're done with a pc with no drivers install the GPU and turn on. If that works then you can install the drivers and it should be good. If you need help feel free to ask me and I'll be happy to help. The worst that it could be is the dead GPU or PCIe slot.

Erik

7/30/2019 12:24 AM

Never had a graphics card in it before. Tried removing the current drivers and reinstalling them with no success. Tried disabling the onboard graphics driver and it still didn’t work. Only time I managed to get the gpu to put out any display was in safe mode.