G4400 for streaming pc build

Go to solution Solved by JCP,
1 minute ago, Mazin said:

I used all of my funds on upgrading the gaming pc... I’ve just got enough to buy a g4400 I was just wondering if that processor would be able to handle streaming at the lowest possible settings at 720p 

Yeah, you probably wanting him to reply aswell but i'm just gonna add, i was able to use the ndi plugin to stream at 720p 60fps when using the pentium g4560 (2 cores, 4 threads) and a celeron g3930 (2 cores, 2 threads). I lost my celeron machine to a power surge but it worked well

I finished my gaming pc and I’m thinking of streaming fortnite and Pubg etc

is pentium G4400 ok for 720p 30fps/60fps streaming

im in a tight budget here and I already have other stuffs from my previous pc

main pc:

i5 7600k

gtx960 4gb

8gb ddr4 

2nd pc:

mobo which has lga1151 socket 

4gb ddr4

No, the G4400 will not work as a streaming PC... 2 cores 2 threads?? Will be destroyed. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

20 minutes ago, Mazin said:

I finished my gaming pc and I’m thinking of streaming fortnite and Pubg etc

is pentium G4400 ok for 720p 30fps/60fps streaming

im in a tight budget here and I already have other stuffs from my previous pc

main pc:

i5 7600k

gtx960 4gb

8gb ddr4 

2nd pc:

mobo which has lga1151 socket 

4gb ddr4

It "should" do fine for 720p 30fps, that is if you are using obs ndi or something. My thoughts are that you are gaming on your main pc then outputting the stream to the secondary. I'm able to stream 720p 48fps with a pentium g4560 (and gt 1030) aswell as obviously playing the game.

6 minutes ago, Jacobtechtips? said:

It "should" do fine for 720p 30fps, that is if you are using obs ndi or something. My thoughts are that you are gaming on your main pc then outputting the stream to the secondary. I'm able to stream 720p 48fps with a pentium g4560 (and gt 1030) aswell as obviously playing the game.

Yea I’m planning on using a ndi plugin.... I’m planning on using g4400 on my 2nd pc only for streaming and basic web browsing

Just now, Mazin said:

Yea I’m planning on using a ndi plugin.... I’m planning on using g4400 on my 2nd pc only for streaming and basic web browsing

Yeah, in that case it "should" work fine. Lemme know how it goes for you when its done :)

25 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

No, the G4400 will not work as a streaming PC... 2 cores 2 threads?? Will be destroyed. 

I used all of my funds on upgrading the gaming pc... I’ve just got enough to buy a g4400 I was just wondering if that processor would be able to handle streaming at the lowest possible settings at 720p 

4 minutes ago, Jacobtechtips? said:

Yeah, in that case it "should" work fine. Lemme know how it goes for you when its done :)

Is 4gb ram enough for streaming 

Yeah, you probably wanting him to reply aswell but i'm just gonna add, i was able to use the ndi plugin to stream at 720p 60fps when using the pentium g4560 (2 cores, 4 threads) and a celeron g3930 (2 cores, 2 threads). I lost my celeron machine to a power surge but it worked well

3 minutes ago, Mazin said:

Is 4gb ram enough for streaming 

It once again, "should" be enough if it's only obs running when you stream.

4 minutes ago, Jacobtechtips? said:

?,thanks any way will come back with the results!

?,thanks any way will come back with the results!

Ok no problems,

Hope it works well!