CPU Cooling

Hi,

I've decided to build a new system, but I'm not sure what cooling would work the best for the i7 9700k, especially when looking at the RAM clearance which seems to be an issue for most beefy coolers, like the NH-D15 which gives around 32mm of space between the fan and the ram slot. I read that you can raise the fan and give it some additional space, but it's still not enough when going for most RAM.

Now, I'm not the best with this kind of stuff, but apparently the Vengeance LPX is one of the only ones that fit under the NH-D15. I am a fan of RGB, so I was looking at the Vengeance RGB Pro RAM, but they are about 51mm in height, which is too much for the cooler.

I've looked at some liquid coolers, such as the Corsair H110i or the Corsair H115i, but from reviews, they tend to get pretty loud at full load.

I've been using the Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 on my current build which seems to do pretty good, but I've heard the i7 9700k can get pretty hot, and that might not be enough.

I'm not sure if what I'm saying here makes sense, but if you could help me out here that'd be pretty awesome.

Thanks in the future!

Hyper 212 evo is not meant for high end chips, it can still do a decent job but it was designed for lower end chips and such. The Deepcool AIO's are pretty damn good and quiet. Id still recommend you find cheaper ram and get faster/more/ shorter sticks to fit better coolers for less but im not a fan of RGB implementations into ram.

I see I see, do you think you could recommend me any smaller sticks that'd fit?

Also, if I went to go for the Deepcool AIO coolers, would I still have to downsize on RAM?

Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT offers 1-2C (NH-D15S level) behind NH-D15 without blocking any single RAM, but this one is massive and only use a single fan which is good because quiter than D15 for almost same performance.

Check its review in Techpowerups

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

The NH-D15 can fit ram up to 64mm with the front fan raised which is plenty. The problem is with the case having enough clearance for the raised fan.

There isn't much point in getting a large heatsink that hangs over the ram if you want to show off the ram.

The Hyper 212 Evo should be fine if you're not oc'ing but you can always try it out before deciding on whether or not to get a new cooler.

What case are you using? Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.