An Odd Occurrence.

A few posts ago, I noted that my HP Spectre x360 would have its fans constantly on, it would get incredibly hot, and it would never go into lower clock speeds. Now, the i7-8565u processor in my HP Spectre x360 finally decided to be able to go into lower c-states and throttle a lot less. I'm not even sure what caused it, but I know something was definitely wrong.

When first checking with throttlestop and task viewer, CPU 0 would always run at 100%. The others would follow behind when plugged in. I am close to believing that this was a manufacturer issue, and my laptop was unable to go into deeper c-states, included with its CPU speeds running at high constantly.

I question if HP managed to do something to mess with the CPU, or was this just a small issue that was not supposed to happen by any means?

Either way, as a shout out to anyone else who might have had this issue, or still has this issue, check if your cpu is running core 0 at 100% all the time, and if your c-states don't enable or go to deeper levels.

In addition, battery life is now terrific with this device because it can go to those deeper c-states. 

Genuinely confused and intrigued about all the process I had to go through, only to find that the machine may have fixed its own self, or if I may have done something that I do not even remember. 

BIOS, firmware, software, power management....there are many possibilities where things might go wrong

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

9 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

BIOS, firmware, software, power management....there are many possibilities where things might go wrong

True to that. BIOS was always up to date, but I really have to assume it was manufacturer interference with cooling and other such.