Any Overclock is not stable. Help!

3Deku

So i just built a new PC and i wanted to overclock my CPU but any tuning I do are not stable whether i add .25hz or 5 hz, I've also tried to add more volts or just kept it to automatic but it always ended up crashing.
I've also tried to turn of precision boost or coreboost hoping i'll be able to adjust it that way but it didn't work. My cpu boosts at 3.9hz on stock but i can't adjust the values. Any help are greatly appreciated!

Hardwares:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
MoBo: MSI x470 GAMING PLUS

GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS Radeon RX 580 8GB
PSU: CORSAIR CX SERIES 550 WATT PLUS BRONZE CERTIFIED
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB DDR4-3200

2 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

So my suggestion would be to lower your settings down a little bit because that could be part of the problem. I don't know if it's the whole part of the problem but that should really help you with it being sort-of stable

I did the smallest tweak to the values which is add .25hz on my 3.400 stock and it still wasn't stable, Unfortunately.

Since you mentioned 0.25Hz or 5Hz, are you sure you're not changing the Base Clock? Iirc base clock also changes the speed at which South And North Bridges run, (RAM too?). I bumped my MB 5 years back from 100Hz to 120Hz and the thing never booted on its first attempt ever again.

If you go with the default settings, disable turboboost and set the ratio of all cores to a little below turboboost speed, does it still crash?

Excuse my broken keyboard

Spoiler

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU - RX Vega 64

SSD - Samsung 970 M.2 500GB

HDD - WD Black 4TB

Mobo - Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4

PSU - Corsair RM1000x

11 minutes ago, Petoovee said:

Since you mentioned 0.25Hz or 5Hz, are you sure you're not changing the Base Clock? Iirc base clock also changes the speed at which South And North Bridges run, (RAM too?). I bumped my MB 5 years back from 100Hz to 120Hz and the thing never booted on its first attempt ever again.

If you go with the default settings, disable turboboost and set the ratio of all cores to a little below turboboost speed, does it still crash?

I've kept it to Auto. I've also tried to overclock it with Base Clock set to 100 and it still didn't work. 

Yep, I tried all of those and it still crash.

Never use auto voltages when overclocking. Maybe you did not get a good 2600 that overclocks well.

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio

57 minutes ago, Fakmykak said:

Never use auto voltages when overclocking. Maybe you did not get a good 2600 that overclocks well.

I'd take a chip that doesn't overclock well over one that doesn't overclock at all. Unlucky

1 minute ago, 3Deku said:

I'd take a chip that doesn't overclock well over one that doesn't overclock at all. Unlucky

Yes it is unfortunate. Don't be sad though, most Ryzen CPU's do not overclock very well, especially on ambient cooling.

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio