Laptop choice? Alienware area 51m vs Razer blade 15

Hey guys I am looking forward to buying a laptop and I am a hardcore gamer and generally play triple a gaming titles. first of all i wanna clear that in my country both these laptops cost nearly the same so there's no cost benefit in either of them  

i am listing the config of these laptops i am considering to buy.. please feel free to recommend any other laptops or if i should wait for something.

Razer blade 15

Intel Core i7- 9750H 6 Core, GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q, 15.6" FHD 1080p 240Hz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD

Alienware Area 51m

9th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-9700K, Windows 10 Home Plus Single Language, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 with 8GB GDDR6 Graphics & 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD + 1TB (+8GB SSHD) Hybrid Drive.

please do remember as i have mentiioned earlier both of the configs of these models cost the same in my country

Alienware Area-51m hands down. It has a socketed CPU, upgradeable graphics, better build quality and cooling, better expansion ports for RAM and SSDs.

See my review here: Alienware m15 / i9-8950HK Review by Ultra Male

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

hmm i was thinking the same.. razer does have advantage of portability but still alienware is rocking a freaking 9700k.. but i was worried about the refresh rate.. will the razer's 240hz refresh rate be any good in triple a titles otherwise alienware has all the pros

1 hour ago, Naman Malik said:

hmm i was thinking the same.. razer does have advantage of portability but still alienware is rocking a freaking 9700k.. but i was worried about the refresh rate.. will the razer's 240hz refresh rate be any good in triple a titles otherwise alienware has all the pros

If you want portability, get the Alienware m15 but from HIDevolution and choose their thermal upgrade "Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads" as that lowers the temps by 15C.

Now about the 240hz refresh rate, don't let these marcketing gimmicks get to you. Do you really think you can maintain 240FPS in today's games at any decent eye candy level? If you can't sustain 240FPS then that 240Hz refresh rate means nothing. Heck not even my beast Alienware Area-51m can maintain 240FPS at FHD resolutions.

Plus, Dell's build quality and on-site support and warranty is way better than Razer. 

Also, if you really want portability, then you will appreciate the fact that the Alienware m15 is not only smaller and slimmer and still managed to have superb build quality, but it only requires one 240W power adapter to give you all the performance whereas with my Alienware Area-51m I need to carry 2 power adapters. One 330W and a smaller 180W power adapter.

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

Both are in completely different categories

Where are you from? Budget? Preferred max weight and min battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

9 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Both are in completely different categories

Where are you from? Budget? Preferred max weight and min battery life?

hey bro.. i am from india and i am getting both the models for approx 4500usd after all the customs and taxes (yes blade is that expensive here)

i dont worry about dimensions and weight but all i need is decent gaming and i am also a bit worried about overheating.. battery life does matter for me but its one  of the least in my priorities

Are you buying in India? If yes, budget in your country currency?

Prefer min how many hours of battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

How soon do you need the laptop? If you can wait then I'd suggest checking out the new MSI Titan GT76.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones