SSD with Windows 10 placed into new PC for booting

Go to solution Solved by paulmohr,

If you  remove the drivers before swapping it will probably be ok, but you never know. A fresh isntall is usually the safest option. Either way you are most likely going to have to re activate windows if you are using a new cpu and motherboard. I just put in my old windows 8 key and it took it no problems.

So I recently bought a new ssd. I reinstalled windows 10 on it and it works fine.

This ssd change was the first step to a new PC.

I was wondering what would happen when I put the new ssd with windows 10 into the new PC.

Can I get any licensing problems ? Do I just have to reinstall windows again ? Does windows even care that all PC parts changed ?

3 minutes ago, SiRSiLeNTHeLL said:

So I recently bought a new ssd. I reinstalled windows 10 on it and it works fine.

This ssd change was the first step to a new PC.

I was wondering what would happen when I put the new ssd with windows 10 into the new PC.

Can I get any licensing problems ? Do I just have to reinstall windows again ? Does windows even care that all PC parts changed ?

So it could go either well or fail really miserably. I personally do not recommend doing that, and just doing a clean reimage when you are putting it into a new build just in case. You shouldn't have a licensing issue with it being on the drive/ if you used the media tool. IIRC

If you  remove the drivers before swapping it will probably be ok, but you never know. A fresh isntall is usually the safest option. Either way you are most likely going to have to re activate windows if you are using a new cpu and motherboard. I just put in my old windows 8 key and it took it no problems.