Linustechtips was only working site

emosun

So heres a fun question.

So my internet payment got messed up and the service was interrupted by spectrum for a bit. While the service was temporarily disconnected until I fixed the payment.... the only working site was this forum. Every other site gave the "call spectrum splash screen page" or and error relating to the certificate being outdated.

I found it very interesting that LTT was working without issue. Does it have to do with needing some sort of security encryption to post here that spectrum isn't looking for? or that at the time of interruption i was logged in at the time? Just curious.

Could it be something to do with caching? Surely the ISP would block all traffic.

3 minutes ago, SenioRR said:

Could it be something to do with caching? Surely the ISP would block all traffic.

well i didn't have much time to experiment , however i was able to for at least an hour load the page and see people posting new topics , I was also able to open new tabs that could navigate to LTT. I never closed the browser though so I have no idea if it would still work if the program exited

This happened to me when Verizon messed up and locked everyone in my area into their "Walled Garden" delinquent portal. In my case it was any cloudflare service based site that worked fine, with the rest being shut out by the walled garden message (I was also using Cloudflare public DNS).