4k TV

EvilLemur

im  curious of how many here would take a plunge and buy this http://promotions.newegg.com/tv/13-6524/index.html?icid=230456

SEIKI 4K tv starting at 579..... is it really worth it? Is brand really that important?

How much would you spend on a 4k tv?

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

I heard that it has bad colors and images don't look real good but I would buy it anyways lol

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

It's not worth it to buy a 4K tv to watch 1080p on it. 

wouldnt the ppi be very high if you get a 4k tv and put in 1080?

This has been asked atleast 10+ times on the forum so far...

It's crap.

thats not the point its just an example would you spend that much on a 4k tv seiki or not.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

wouldnt the ppi be very high if you get a 4k tv and put in 1080?.

Yes you would get a higher ppi count but that wouldnt change the fact that youre displaying content that doesnt require that much ppi. Displaying 1080 p content on a 4 k screen is EXACTLY like displaying 1080 p content on a 1080 p screen. (If no upscaling done)

Spoiler

They work well as a 3840x2160 display for engineering, software development, text stuff from what I've been hearing.  There is a guy with an earlier gen Dell mobile Precision m6400 (Quadro FX3700M 1GB) who is very happy with it.   

http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-latitude-vostro-precision/719300-first-dell-precision-mobile-support-3840x2160-desktop-screen-hdmi-2.html#post9401749

He works in pretty much the same exact environment I do... RHEL 6.4.

It is kindof tempting, but I think I'll pass.  Too early to jump on something like that.

Yea I was looking the cheaper 4k TVs on Amazon and they just don't seem like they are worth it to me. I'm interested in the 4k TV that Vizio announced at CES.  I believe the 50 inch will start at $999. http://ces.vizio.com/p-series.html 

Yea I'm still going to wait another year or so before I jump to 4k.

Wait for more 4K content, graphics cards to catch up, and lower TV pricing. By the time this happens, really good 4K TVs will be available for reasonable prices. 

4K makes sense right now only if you intend to use it primarily for your computer, not to consume multimedia. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I have a 42 inch Panasonic but it is only 720. It looks as good still as any of my friends lesser 1080p tv's

I remember reading reviews on it and they said "it may not be full HD but when the picture is this good, who cares"

When I need to replace it it will be with 4K.  Probably in about 18-24 months.

Nothing to see here - move along.