Can you flash a non super to super? Find out here!

bignaz

So people asking so can you? Well I decided to see. With a back up GPU read to revive a brick I downloaded some 2070 super and 2080 super bios's. And went ahead and attempted to flash. 

Gpu mismatch.

Sorry guys. No free cores via bios flash. But then again it's Nvidia. They just won't give us anything for free. When I went out to there HQ a few years ago I was suprised they did not charge me to use the rest room or for water.

Would of been nice if it worked. But I knew it wouldn't. And now I can say for 100% certainty. 

Last time flashing vBIOS' actually gave you more cores was almost a decade ago with HD6950. I wouldnt even risk nowadays, flashing vBIOS is a lot more hassle than its worth.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

10 minutes ago, Levent said:

Last time flashing vBIOS' actually gave you more cores was with almost a decade ago with HD6950. I wouldnt even risk nowadays, flashing vBIOS is a lot more hassle than its worth.

Yeah I seen people talking about it so figured I would confirm what we already know. 

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Sorry for reviving such an old topic....

What about power limit and cpu/memory speeds?

Have you succeeded in flashing or not?

I am tempted to flash my 2080 ftw3 as current overclock is limited by power.

I posted in a few places but no you can't. 

Super has a different I'd. Knew that would happen but it was worth a shot. Maybe Nvidia got lazy but turns out nope. 

I would just flash one of the higher tdp bios for your card. 

I have a MSI gaming x trio that really liked the Gigabyte aorus  330w bios. Rgb worked but was just the color wave no control but everything else was golden.

On 7/24/2019 at 4:49 PM, Levent said:

Last time flashing vBIOS' actually gave you more cores was almost a decade ago with HD6950. I wouldnt even risk nowadays, flashing vBIOS is a lot more hassle than its worth.

Yep, I flashed a HD 6950 to 6970. Good times.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone had any luck with this subject at all? Last PC I built before my rtx build was an athlon 64 on asus a8n sli deluxe with a sapphire x800 flashed to x850 platinum bios! Was a toastie runner! ? Good Times! Slightly different world now (aside from the coffee lake part!)