Help with choosing a motherboard

Whats a good non expensive motherboard that i can use with the ryzen 5 3600 that will not need another cpu to be updated.

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

Whats a good non expensive motherboard that i can use with the ryzen 5 3600 that will not need another cpu to be updated.

Thanks in advance.

it not very cheap, but this is the least expensive X570 board.

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

8 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

Thanks in advance.

To be honest, an X570 wouldn't really matter unless you're into overclocking and maxing out the potential of your chip. An X470 would do just fine if not almost similarly to a X570 but with a lower price and even a B450 would be a great option for Ryzen 5...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X; GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z; MoBo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX; RAM: TForce Delta TUF RGB 3200MHz (2x8) 16GB; 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB TG; PSU: Seasonic Prime FX Gold 750W Fully Modular; CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MA620P; Storage: WD Blue 250GB SATA SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM; Monitor: MSI MAG241C 144Hz Curved Gaming Panel; Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown); Mouse: Fantech X11 Daredevil   

Just now, VenomizerX said:

To be honest, an X570 wouldn't really matter unless you're into overclocking and maxing out the potential of your chip. An X470 would do just fine if not almost similarly to a X570 but with a lower price and even a B450 would be a great option for Ryzen 5...

Im just tryna find a board that i dont need another cpu to update the bios  and i can just use the ryzen 5 3600 without updating the bios or by updating it with a usb

With MSI Boards you can update the BIOS using only the dedicated port and flash button on the rear I/O. No need for a CPU. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X; GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z; MoBo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX; RAM: TForce Delta TUF RGB 3200MHz (2x8) 16GB; 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB TG; PSU: Seasonic Prime FX Gold 750W Fully Modular; CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MA620P; Storage: WD Blue 250GB SATA SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM; Monitor: MSI MAG241C 144Hz Curved Gaming Panel; Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown); Mouse: Fantech X11 Daredevil   

3 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

Im just tryna find a board that i dont need another cpu to update the bios  and i can just use the ryzen 5 3600 without updating the bios or by updating it with a usb

I'm not sure with other boards but with MSI, all of their modern lineup have this feature. This way, you'll get a board with all the features and future compatibility at a much more reasonable price.

Just now, VenomizerX said:

With MSI Boards you can update the BIOS using only the dedicated port and flash button on the rear I/O. No need for a CPU. 

Is there a chance i dont need a cpu to update this board and i can just use it out of the box? https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/wb7v6h/asrock-b450-steel-legend-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-steel-legend

I'd go with the MSI Tomahawk or mortar depending on size requirements ATX/m-ATX

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Not all of the MSI boards have that feature. And other companies have that feature too. Someone made a list of all the boards that are compatible with ryzen 3000 and have that feature but I don't remeber where I saw it. Its out there somewhere though lol.

I have the b450 tomahawk and it works fine. Probably not the best but after a bundle discount at micro center it only cost me like 65 bucks. There are probably cheaper options though. Jayz2cents just made a video where he built a whole computer for 600 bucks and it performed remarkably well.

If you just want to drop the processor in and go then the gigabyte auros elite x570 seems like a decent board for 200 bucks if you can find one in stock.