High Tempretures

Go to solution Solved by For Science!,
2 minutes ago, MathiasVO said:

Mayhems Pastel White non UV

I think in the absence of any more incriminating evidence, I would assume your coolant is clogging inside your blocks.  The only real way is is to have a look, but looks like you're using solid block tops, and so only a dissassembly would show it....What coolant were you using before the pastel, and what cleaning procedure did you take?

Hi

I've had my CPU (i7 4790k) and GPU (GTX 1080ti) in a custom loop for just over 2 years now, with a 320 and a 240 mm rad, no issues. 

i recently went from soft tubes to PETG and got a new coolant, but my temperatures seem extremely high and my PC has actually shut down cause of overheating (GPU 46°C, CPU 50°C both at idle with 100% fan speed)

I cant figure out why this is the case, my rads, water blocks and pump are the same.

I've tried to bleed my system of air boubles, but i don't seem to be able to get anymore out, i've also thought that it could be one of my rads that has become clogged (i flushed my whole system before switching the coolant and cleaned both waterblocks)

My pump is running, but i guess it could have an issue as well i'm not sure, but it sounds normal.

Please help me, Thank you :)

Can you post a picture of your loop order? 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Can you post a picture of your loop order? 

I didn't change that either, the pump output is on the left

IMG_20190722_135542.jpg

so if im seeing it, it goes Pump >240>360>GPU>CPU>Rez?

What is the RPM or % you have the pump speed set to?

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

so if im seeing it, it goes Pump >240>360>GPU>CPU>Rez?

What is the RPM or % you have the pump speed set to?

Yes, that would be the correct order. The pump is directly connected to the PSU (only temporally while troubleshooting) and the fans are the EK Varder F3-120 running at 1850RPM (full speed)

1 minute ago, MathiasVO said:

Yes, that would be the correct order. The pump is directly connected to the PSU (only temporally while troubleshooting) and the fans are the EK Varder F3-120 running at 1850RPM (full speed)

I would plug in the pump to your board and see what the RPMs are. I know with my D5 when I purge it, I have an adapter that plugs into the fan header and then to sata to power the pump. Pump may not be running properly as a result. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

13 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I would plug in the pump to your board and see what the RPMs are. I know with my D5 when I purge it, I have an adapter that plugs into the fan header and then to sata to power the pump. Pump may not be running properly as a result. 

I've tried plugging it into a system fan and a cpu fan header, but it only seems to make the overheating worse :/

Just now, MathiasVO said:

I've tried plugging it into a system fan and a cpu fan header, but it only seems to make the overheating worse :/

That would make sense as you likely dont have the header set in the BIOS. Generally the pumps run at best in my opinion at around 70-80% speed. Go into your BIOS and set the header to somewhere in this range. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

35 minutes ago, MathiasVO said:

I didn't change that either, the pump output is on the left

Which coolant is this?

8 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

That would make sense as you likely dont have the header set in the BIOS. Generally the pumps run at best in my opinion at around 70-80% speed. Go into your BIOS and set the header to somewhere in this range. 

I put it on 80% (approx 2500 RPM) but that only seems to have put temperature back to what it was when it was plugged directly into the PSU

Just now, For Science! said:

Which coolant is this?

2 minutes ago, MathiasVO said:

I think in the absence of any more incriminating evidence, I would assume your coolant is clogging inside your blocks.  The only real way is is to have a look, but looks like you're using solid block tops, and so only a dissassembly would show it....What coolant were you using before the pastel, and what cleaning procedure did you take?

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

I used to have the EK-Cryofuel green. I did totally disassemble my water blocks when cleaning my loop, and i flushed my radiators. There's a real possibility that i put too much of the pastel, i used the ultra concentrated version. I'll take a look later today when i have time to totally disassemble my loop.

I wasn't able to run my system for 7 days, because of vacationing. Could that be part of the issue as well?

9 minutes ago, MathiasVO said:

I wasn't able to run my system for 7 days, because of vacationing. Could that be part of the issue as well?

It could be, but I don't think Pastel's are advertised to be like that (unlike Primochill Vue that had to be constantly circulating and heated). I know the EK-Cryofuel has a tendency to leave a thin film like deposit over time which can be easily removed by a sponge, perhaps if you didn't go scrubbing the blocks (and acrylic) there could have been some residue left over and had a bad reaction I suppose. These are just ideas though.

For you reference, my acrylic tops after 1 year of cryofuel after and before cleaning/polishing

20180209_232402.thumb.jpg.cda0532adaf3b8abe97962525a701c9d.jpg

On the metal side, I don't have a super obvious photo, but here is my GPU block after cleaning. You can see that on the top left of the left of the fins, there is a spot that I missed. It's still reflective, just a bit duller. A single scrub removes it, but I assume it is minor residue from the coolant. 

20180210_021526.jpg.942c0d4bc40a2b6bb642dbd387421fa5.jpg

I would take the pump bottom apart and make sure that it isnt clogged too.  Also verify that the pump is actually flowing.  You may need to replace the pump.

R7 5800x -:- Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming -:- EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX3080 -:- EVGA 850 GA -:- 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo  -:- Asus TUF GT501

For reference i had a similar build (ive since sold it), i just didnt have the pump going to radiator first.

20190420_035332.jpg

R7 5800x -:- Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming -:- EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX3080 -:- EVGA 850 GA -:- 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo  -:- Asus TUF GT501

1 hour ago, MathiasVO said:

Hi

I've had my CPU (i7 4790k) and GPU (GTX 1080ti) in a custom loop for just over 2 years now, with a 320 and a 240 mm rad, no issues. 

i recently went from soft tubes to PETG and got a new coolant, but my temperatures seem extremely high and my PC has actually shut down cause of overheating (GPU 46°C, CPU 50°C both at idle with 100% fan speed)

I cant figure out why this is the case, my rads, water blocks and pump are the same.

I've tried to bleed my system of air boubles, but i don't seem to be able to get anymore out, i've also thought that it could be one of my rads that has become clogged (i flushed my whole system before switching the coolant and cleaned both waterblocks)

My pump is running, but i guess it could have an issue as well i'm not sure, but it sounds normal.

Please help me, Thank you :)

Are your rads getting warm when this is happening ?

if not and your pump is definitely running, its likely you have a bad mount on the CPU.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

6 hours ago, For Science! said:

So, basically. I tore down my whole water cooling loop and cleaned everything. And then my cpu block turns out to be totally clogged by junk, not from the actual coolant. idk what it was, and i find it really weird cause i cleaned the cpu block very recently and i have no idea how it became that dirty. Anyways, my temps are great now so i'm not complaining

Thank you to everybody for trying to help me :)IMG_20190722_151344.thumb.jpg.594c10adc4ce3eab7c2a58b5d65c1a6e.jpg