Long distance 1440p 160hz

Heya, i’ve bought an lg32gk850G a while ago, and i run a core p3 that hangs on my wall, but cable management + distances became an issue, i’d need 7 meters of cable to go from my pc to my lg screen using my cable routes, now all the displayport cables i used never managed to get more than 80hz due to distance it seems, research showed that dp cables lose performance over distance, does anyone know how to get the full 1440p 160hz over a span of 7 meters, are there like any active cables or extenders that dont break the bank. I’ll provide some pics of the setup

(setup is under construction atm due to loop flush + motherboard replacement so i can only show what pics i already owned none show like the distance really)

Issue 2:

i have like a hud on my pc itself, a main lg screen, a secondary 21:9 side screen and a tv above it, but i wanna get another 21:9 on the right side of my lg, issue is, my 980 ti wont take more than 4 screens at a time as i have to disconnect my hud screen everytime i use my projector for movies, would i be able to hook my hud display that runs at like 1024x800 or something up using a usb 3.0 -> hdmi, so not though the gpu ports, to bypass the 4 monitors limits? And then run 2560x1440 + 2x 2560x1080 + 1920x1080 on the gpu i/o + that hud screen on the pc using the usb to hdmi?

51229654-7BB5-4CC6-B456-6B37D2E88F8C.thumb.jpeg.378fd32dc3e46cd6c529970254ba8d9e.jpeg74D78DA0-B695-460A-AF7B-7DEE5B489FE5.thumb.jpeg.328c54bc6220f101fc5289f542cc0dd9.jpeg

2 hours ago, Gagliano20 said:

Anybody :(?

Welcome to the forum.

1.) I'm pretty sure, the display port specification says something like 4m tops for cables. Given the bandwidth required for 160Hz @ 1440p , i fear you may be out of luck here. Possibly there are active DP cables (similar to the optical thunderbolt 3 cables Linus used for his personal rig) but those usually don't come in cheap. Your best bet probably is to simply move your rig closer to the screens

2.) I couldn't find your systems specs (most people list them in their profile or in their signature) - if you do run a cpu with an iGPU, you could run your 'HUD' of that and all the others of the dGPU / 980Ti.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

5 hours ago, Speakerator said:

Welcome to the forum.

1.) I'm pretty sure, the display port specification says something like 4m tops for cables. Given the bandwidth required for 160Hz @ 1440p , i fear you may be out of luck here. Possibly there are active DP cables (similar to the optical thunderbolt 3 cables Linus used for his personal rig) but those usually don't come in cheap. Your best bet probably is to simply move your rig closer to the screens

2.) I couldn't find your systems specs (most people list them in their profile or in their signature) - if you do run a cpu with an iGPU, you could run your 'HUD' of that and all the others of the dGPU / 980Ti.

Hey, Thanks for the reply, 

Moving my system closer is not really possible, since it's all hanging on the wall, it all depends what pricerange it comes to, if i had to pay 1x 150 dollar to get my 160 hz, i'm fine with that, i just need anyone that has a cable to recommend or any solution, i've been running it at 60hz for the 6 months i own it. I'm not a huge online game, so i'm fine with that, i play like though tomb raider and stuff like that. most of that barely even passes 80 fps on my 980 Ti on maxed settings anyway, but i'd love to get the 144+ hz experience when possible!

about the second suggestion, that's a good idea, i remmeber running intel hd + dgpus from my laptop days but i never had it enabled on a desktop, no downsides? i can't test it right now since my motherboard is out for repair, but here are my specs, i also posted them on my profile:

Specs:
Cpu: 7600k @ 5Ghz watercooled.

Ram: 16gb Dominator 3300mhz

Ssd: samsung 960 Evo 256 + 2x 1tb western blue's

Gpu: Msi Gtx 980 TI @ 1540mhz

Mobo: Msi z270 Carbon pro

Psu: Corsair RM850x

Case: Thermaltake Core p3 wallmounted.

Displays: LG 32GK850G 144p, Lg 21:9 1080p + Samsung tv 1080P

Perifs: Razer Ornata Chroma + Taipan + Mamba Wireless

An outdated video but it shows the spacing between my system and my screens, even though my screen setup is totally different now:

It's totally doable to use the iGPU if you have it - you may need to check your bios. The iGPU would be perfect for the HUD, and then you can just set the amount of system memory for the iGPU to be something like 256MB, or probably even smaller.

What have you tried regarding the DP issue? Have you tried using like, two active display port cables connected to each other? (One would have to have a female end)

Or perhaps have you seen this?

hi

pipes
Undervolting 5700 (not mine but important)

22 hours ago, Gagliano20 said:

Heya, i’ve bought an lg32gk850G a while ago, and i run a core p3 that hangs on my wall, but cable management + distances became an issue, i’d need 7 meters of cable to go from my pc to my lg screen using my cable routes, now all the displayport cables i used never managed to get more than 80hz due to distance it seems, research showed that dp cables lose performance over distance, does anyone know how to get the full 1440p 160hz over a span of 7 meters, are there like any active cables or extenders that dont break the bank. I’ll provide some pics of the setup

(setup is under construction atm due to loop flush + motherboard replacement so i can only show what pics i already owned none show like the distance really)

Issue 2:

i have like a hud on my pc itself, a main lg screen, a secondary 21:9 side screen and a tv above it, but i wanna get another 21:9 on the right side of my lg, issue is, my 980 ti wont take more than 4 screens at a time as i have to disconnect my hud screen everytime i use my projector for movies, would i be able to hook my hud display that runs at like 1024x800 or something up using a usb 3.0 -> hdmi, so not though the gpu ports, to bypass the 4 monitors limits? And then run 2560x1440 + 2x 2560x1080 + 1920x1080 on the gpu i/o + that hud screen on the pc using the usb to hdmi?

51229654-7BB5-4CC6-B456-6B37D2E88F8C.thumb.jpeg.378fd32dc3e46cd6c529970254ba8d9e.jpeg74D78DA0-B695-460A-AF7B-7DEE5B489FE5.thumb.jpeg.328c54bc6220f101fc5289f542cc0dd9.jpeg

connect hud screen to your mobo / integrated gpu then go into bios and turn internal graphics to on and it should work aslong as your cpu has integrated graphics. 

One Love.

ATB☯️

13 hours ago, d4yh said:

connect hud screen to your mobo / integrated gpu then go into bios and turn internal graphics to on and it should work aslong as your cpu has integrated graphics. 

I think the 7600k has a intel hd 630 in it? I’ll check one my motherboard is replaced/fixed. Thanks for the suggestion.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:37 PM, toobladink said:

It's totally doable to use the iGPU if you have it - you may need to check your bios. The iGPU would be perfect for the HUD, and then you can just set the amount of system memory for the iGPU to be something like 256MB, or probably even smaller.

What have you tried regarding the DP issue? Have you tried using like, two active display port cables connected to each other? (One would have to have a female end)

I have only tried a 10 meter long dp 1.4 cable that i could find for 40 euro, and then ive also tried the provided 4 meter long cable that came with it, with a dp to dp extension, along with another dp 1.2, the extension didnt provide any boost but made 1440p at 60hz use gsync atleast while the 10 meter cable got me 80hz + gsync, i returned all of that and just been using hdmi now for 1440p 60hz without gsync, and trying to buy an active dp 1.2 but i couldnt find any in europe, the fibreglass thing, ive not seen before, i’ll contact them for some reassuring questions and probably might buy it, i think it’ll be worth it since i’m planning on using this 1440p for the next 5+ years. One time 160 dollar to get it working seems worth. Thank you for providing that solution hope it’ll work. Shipping from us gonna be rough

17 hours ago, toobladink said:

0975AA16-DC55-47FD-ADE0-BD9DECE02C6C.thumb.jpeg.aea5cf86372a5f2d6abcee865e8f0b40.jpeg

0500CEB0-88D8-40F5-9310-95F5DCFDE13A.jpeg

Yikes, spend 220ish dollar, lets hope this works haha, thanks for the suggestion man, its what ive been looking for, since these are advertised to run 8k 60 hz and 4k at 120hz, i’d assume that 1440p 160hz would work. I’ll report back when my system is running with it!