What should I do?

bosnian_guy

Hey guys,

So I am pretty much stuck at this point. I was saving up my money and still am for something new. Last year I bought a DSLR because I wanted to get into photography. Now I was planing to buy something for myself in the summer (I want to save up more money). I want a tabelt. I was looking at some cheap options and I was asking around but I want something that will last me for at least 2-3 years. My dad made a good point to me last night "If you are going to buy something than you shold rather buy something that you will be happy with not something that you will buy because it's cheaper." The best tablet to buy rightnow for me is the iPad Air. But it is expensive. In my country I can get a decent PC for that money. So I wonderd if I should spend my money elswhere. Maybe to buy a new Laptop or a PC. I would sell my HP ProBook 4530s and buy something else. But I don't get why should I do it because it serves me well. Should I than buy a SSD and 4 GB RAM and make my laptop eaven better? What would you do?

What would you use the system for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What would you use the system for?

Watching YouTube videos, playing Sims 3 (a lot), Photoshop CS6 and maybe some very light video editing.

tablets are for reading articles, reading books, reading a newspaper and of course watching videos and movies.

The things you just summed up are more for a laptop than a tablet.

If you play sims3 and photoshop, I would save my money for a better laptop with Full hd resolution ( 1920*1080) instead of the 1366x768 you are used to now.

You don't want an expensive tablet laying around which you only occasionally use.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

The really good laptops here are very expensive

tablets are for reading articles, reading books, reading a newspaper and of course watching videos and movies.

The things you just summed up are more for a laptop than a tablet.

If you play sims3 and photoshop, I would save my money for a better laptop with Full hd resolution ( 1920*1080) instead of the 1366x768 you are used to now.

You don't want an expensive tablet laying around which you only occasionally use.

Watching YouTube videos, playing Sims 3 (a lot), Photoshop CS6 and maybe some very light video editing.

If the laptop is handling what you're currently doing, I'd add more ram and a ssd. 

If you already have peripherals or if the laptop isn't doing the job, I'd invest in a new system whether it be a desktop or a laptop.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If the laptop is handling what you're currently doing, I'd add more ram and a ssd. 

If you already have peripherals or if the laptop isn't doing the job, I'd invest in a new system whether it be a desktop or a laptop.

I close my laptop and connect it to my 32' TV.  use a mouse and a keyboard. I take my laptop with me everywhere but when I get home it' becomes a desktop.

I close my laptop and connect it to my 32' TV.  use a mouse and a keyboard. I take my laptop with me everywhere but when I get home it' becomes a desktop.

In that case, I'd really stick with the laptop for the mobility. It would be annoying to have that taken away from you if you're used to it.

In that case, I'd really stick with the laptop for the mobility. It would be annoying to have that taken away from you if you're used to it.

Should I buy a new one (use MacBook Pro) or upgrade the current one?

Should I buy a new one (use MacBook Pro) or upgrade the current one?

It depends on how much money you have/intend to spend.

Around 700 $ USD

Do you think this is a good laptop (is it too old and stuff like that) http://www.pik.ba/artikal/10804359/macbook-air-13-3-i5-late-2011/

There's not enough to tell but it didn't look much better than your current laptop.

With the amount of money you have though, you can get probably get substantially more performance with a desktop depending on how much you can sell your laptop for.

Upgrade your laptop instead. SSD makes all the difference in the world. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5