Noise cancelling on subway

Krik00

I just wanted to ask you guys with more experience, whether the noise cancelling headphones work on subways, trams and trains in general. I am using subway and trams daily, trains couple times per month, 4 hour journey. I would like to know, whether it is worth to go for something pricier, in terms of Bose QC 35 II or just to stay in budget, possibly something like Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT.

Thank you for your time :)

Edit: I just found Bose for 250€ ($280)

14 minutes ago, Krik00 said:

I just wanted to ask you guys with more experience, whether the noise cancelling headphones work on subways, trams and trains in general. I am using subway and trams daily, trains couple times per month, 4 hour journey. I would like to know, whether it is worth to go for something pricier, in terms of Bose QC 35 II or just to stay in budget, possibly something like Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT.

Thank you for your time :)

Edit: I just found Bose for 250€ ($280)

Generally speaking, yes. A nice pair of noise cancelling headphones will get rid of the majority of the droning noises that happen on any kind of public transport. 

They will also dampen the sounds of screeching wheels, etc. if that's a concern for you. However, the best way to make pretty much all background noise completely unnoticeable would be to pick up something like a pair of Etymotic ER4 headphones, and use the triple flange tips if you can stomach them. You won't be able to hear anything outside of whatever you're listening to, even at pretty quiet sound levels.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Thanks for replying.

Personally, I don't really like earbuds. Will buy noise cancelling than.

Have a great day :D