Broken Viotek GN34C

kenkay

I came back from a 8 day vacation to find my ultra wide monitor basically useless because 90 percent of the screen ways taken up by lines

Right now I don't know if i should attempt to repair it my self, send it to get repaired somewhere(I don't have any warranty), or buy a new monitor

So far this is what I've learned about the problem

1. The lines seem to move up and down the screen at random, but always end up taking the majority of the screen
  2. Many times it does not show the lines when I boot the computer on, but is always their by the time the windows monitors at the bottom of the monitor
  3. I have tried a different computer still the same thing happens
  4. Their is no physical damage apparent

This has been going on for a while but it seemed to resolve itself whenever I played a game, and it wouldn't return until i shut the pc off and on. The lines would only take up maybe a few pixels at the bottom of the screen so it was not a big deal

Screenshot_20190720-152553_Video Player.jpg

45 minutes ago, kenkay said:

-snip-

cant you take advantage of the warranty ? a screen shouldnt just die unless you did something stupid to it 

The warranty only lasted a year and im out of that range now. Ill double check viotek website just to make sure.

Just now, kenkay said:

The warranty only lasted a year and im out of that range now. Ill double check viotek website just to make sure.

check with the people you bought it from too. 

I bought it off amazon ill go check if i bought a extended warranty on it or not, i doubt it. 

Just now, kenkay said:

I bought it off amazon ill go check if i bought a extended warranty on it or not, i doubt it. 

most likely not xD but one can hope ! have you tried it with other cables just to eliminate tha chance that the cable went bad or a different output from the gpu or a different output all together just to make sure its not something else 

I used three different cables, and two different computers, both times the monitor didn't work. My best guess is some capacitor on the board got fried

• 2 years later...

I have had this issue for a while, and have dealt with it by just letting it warm up. Now it just sits there always on.

It seems like it is a common issue for people after owning the monitor for a while. For what it cost, i dont mind it at all.
I bet if i open it up, it would show that either some connection need to be redone.
If i do open it up, i hope its the adhesive on the panel that screwing with it.