How does the Sophos XG firewall Certified Architect exam work?

Chunchunmaru_

Hi, my company decided to have me configure some XG Firewalls to our customers and I'll attending the Sophos certified architect three days course, and now I'm completing the online assessment. 

But I do not completely understand how all of that works, what I'll be doing in those three days? Is there another exam to take? Is it hard? Is the minimum score 80% like the online assessment? And again, are there any laboratory exercises? I also heard they will let you use the documentation 

A lot of these exams will allow open book, but they are usually timed and rarely allow much time for looking up answers. E.g. 60 questions, 70 minutes to complete. 

I don't have experience with Sophos exams but have done them for a couple other security vendors. 

While a lot of content will likely be covered in the course, if there was pre-work, there is likely to be questions from that also. 

Maybe see if they offer a virtual appliance of the XG Firewall and sign up for a free trial online. Then you could potentially play around with it beforehand. Sometimes getting your hands on the solution helps cement how it works. 

Good luck!