RAM not running at correct speed or timing

Go to solution Solved by GnB,

First look into your mobo manual, then enable the XMP profile you can choose.

Edit: If you are on a AMD Platform it is called D.O.C.P and not XMP, but in the end its the same just with another name. ;)

My RAM should be running at 3200Mhz, and the timing should be 16-18-18-38. As of right now it is running at 1604Mhz with the timing being 17-18-18-32. Also the voltage should be 1.35V I am not sure where I can view if it is running at the proper voltage. I don't know how use the BIOS, but I did go into the bios and change the Mhz to 3200 from a drop down list of common RAM speeds. The RAM sticks are in slots 2A and 2B on the Motherboard. Here is my system build 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TX6TsZ

If someone could help me navigate my BIOS to change the Mhz, timing, and if necessary the Voltage that would be awesome. Also I am not certain if I placed my RAM in the correct slots. Thanks in advance for any help given!

First look into your mobo manual, then enable the XMP profile you can choose.

Edit: If you are on a AMD Platform it is called D.O.C.P and not XMP, but in the end its the same just with another name. ;)

@ShreksSwamp

id suggest watching a few video tutorials on YouTube if you don’t know how to navigate the bios. There should be xmp profiles you can load, it’s fairy straight forward

but your ram is running correctly. 1604*2=3208mhz = 3200mhz.

as for timings they seem fine to me if it all works 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 hour ago, ShreksSwamp said:

the timing being 17-18-18-32

i think the 32 is not normal....

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Hey I switched on XMP and it switched it automatically to the correct setting thanks GnB! I will definitely start watching and reading up Stormseeker. Thanks for the quick response!