Best aftermarket cooler for Ryzen 5 2600 for up to £30 ?

Mievvin

Hey. I recently put together a build with a Ryzen 5 2600, and I've noticed that my temps are a bit high. I've managed to lower them a bit by setting the Windows Balanced power plan in the settings, but they're still kinda high (I get between 50-55c while having multiple Chrome tabs open, Discord, and sometimes it jumps up higher for a few seconds), and was just playing a game and my CPU temp varied between 70-74c. I'm currently using the stock cooler (Wraith Stealth) but considering buying an aftermarket one. Which one would be the best for up to £30 ?

I was considering the Hyper 212 Evo, had a look at some comments about it and people said that it's very similiar to the stock cooler, while other comments said that it's much better, so i'm not sure what to think.

The others in this price range that I considered were the Cryorig M9a (I've got the M9i but I don't think it works with AMD) , Arctic Freezer 33 esports ONE, and the CRYORIG H7 (saw a large amount of praise for this one, it's £5 over my budget but willing to buy it if it's actually good)

75c is completely fine, but if you want, the H7 is pretty good.

For just performance I'd recommend this. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/Jbm323/arctic-freezer-34-esports-duo-cpu-cooler-acfre00062a

However, the wraith max does look great so if you want something that looks better and still performs quite well, get that.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/8XX2FT/amd-wraith-max-558-cfm-cpu-cooler-199-999575

4 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

75c is completely fine, but if you want, the H7 is pretty good.

For just performance I'd recommend this. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/Jbm323/arctic-freezer-34-esports-duo-cpu-cooler-acfre00062a

However, the wraith max does look great so if you want something that looks better and still performs quite well, get that.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/8XX2FT/amd-wraith-max-558-cfm-cpu-cooler-199-999575

Wow, that AMD Wraith Max cooler looks amazing!

Which one would you recommend more between the H7 and the Arctic Freezer one? I've found the Arctic Freezer one for a bit cheaper (29.95) here , i'm assuming it's the same one but a different colour scheme. I had a look at reviews for both of them, as well as the Gammaxx 400 that hello_there_123 suggested and they all seem to have good reviews.

9 minutes ago, Mievvin said:

Wow, that AMD Wraith Max cooler looks amazing!

Which one would you recommend more between the H7 and the Arctic Freezer one? I've found the Arctic Freezer one for a bit cheaper (29.95) here , i'm assuming it's the same one but a different colour scheme. I had a look at reviews for both of them, as well as the Gammaxx 400 that hello_there_123 suggested and they all seem to have good reviews.

The Arctic has 2 fans so I'd take it.

As mentioned, your temps are fine. If you want more headroom for oc'ing, the coolers mentioned so far are good options. If you're trying to save on money, the Gammaxx 400 is probably the best value. 

Moved to Air Cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yeah a lot of people are telling me that my temps are fine and they probably are but I have OCD over low temperatures. I've moved over from Intel and that barely ever went above 60-65, so it's kinda hard to get used to it.

Sorry for posting in the wrong place, didn't even notice there was an air cooling subforum.

Thanks for the help.

On 7/17/2019 at 5:25 PM, Mievvin said:

Yeah a lot of people are telling me that my temps are fine and they probably are but I have OCD over low temperatures. I've moved over from Intel and that barely ever went above 60-65, so it's kinda hard to get used to it.

Sorry for posting in the wrong place, didn't even notice there was an air cooling subforum.

Thanks for the help.

Not sure what Intel doesn't go above 65. My Haswell i5 peaks around 70-75.

9 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

Not sure what Intel doesn't go above 65. My Haswell i5 peaks around 70-75.

My previous i3-6100 didn't really go above 65, although I didn't really do anything extensive on it since the rest of my components weren't very good so it was usually in low load most of the time.