Free parametric EQ for Mac?

JZStudios

I recently discovered the PEACE EQ interface and a "database" of headphone EQ graphs which normalized the response for my headphones, which is pretty sweet and I recommend, but I got to thinking my buddy makes his own music, and naturally is a big Apple fan. When he gets to the mixing stage he runs his songs through 4-5 different sets of speakers to try and ensure it sounds good on all of them. I figure getting a decent EQ for Mac could help him stop having such a (literal) runaround from speaker system to speaker system.

So, is there any good free parametric EQs for Mac?

#Muricaparrotgang

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I recently discovered the PEACE EQ interface and a "database" of headphone EQ graphs which normalized the response for my headphones, which is pretty sweet and I recommend, but I got to thinking my buddy makes his own music, and naturally is a big Apple fan. When he gets to the mixing stage he runs his songs through 4-5 different sets of speakers to try and ensure it sounds good on all of them. I figure getting a decent EQ for Mac could help him stop having such a (literal) runaround from speaker system to speaker system.

So, is there any good free parametric EQs for Mac?

Take a look at eqMac2, its 31 bands and pretty good. Basically EqualizerAPO but for Mac OS. https://bitgapp.com/eqmac/

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 hour ago, Derkoli said:

Take a look at eqMac2, its 31 bands and pretty good. Basically EqualizerAPO but for Mac OS. https://bitgapp.com/eqmac/

Interesting. Unless I'm mistaken, that's not really a parametric EQ since it has 32 defined bands, but I guess it's of little import once you have that many. PEACE (which is a front end for EqualizerAPO) has effectively unlimited bands. I'll send it on to my buddy. Thanks for the tip.

#Muricaparrotgang

14 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Interesting. Unless I'm mistaken, that's not really a parametric EQ since it has 32 defined bands, but I guess it's of little import once you have that many. PEACE (which is a front end for EqualizerAPO) has effectively unlimited bands. I'll send it on to my buddy. Thanks for the tip.

Np.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)