Can you tighten a swivel fitting?

I have an H320x2 Prestige sitting around that's been through absolute hell. Cracked block replacements, blown led replacements, many tubing changes with drains and refills...anyways!

This thing came with custom fittings that aren't available anywhere else. On the block it has dual 45 degree swivel fittings and they work just fine. There are absolutely no leaks or anything. One of them has a very loose swivel though. It's so loose in fact that I can pop it apart at the swivel easier than ANY quick disconnect I've ever used. Inside is an o ring and then a metal ring that holds the two pieces together. I've tried EVERYTHING i can think of to expand that metal ring JUST enough to get a tighter grip but have had no luck. Like I said, it DOESN'T leak. I stay with my friend's family though and there are often two small kids around who love to touch stuff. Having the build in a Corsair 780T with super easy open side panels doesn't help.

I ordered some non swivel Monsoon Chaingun fittings but I own all the Swiftech AIOs and would like to keep things as original as possible. Does anyone know a way to tighten the swivel so it won't pop off as easily?

These are truly amazing fittings and like I said, unique to this piece so I really wanna keep them in tact...despite the fact they are covered in scratches from all the plyer marks lol.

Also I know there is always a risk when kids who wanna pull on tubing are around but I mean this one just pops off wayyy too easy.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

16 hours ago, KarateHottie93 said:

I have an H320x2 Prestige sitting around that's been through absolute hell. Cracked block replacements, blown led replacements, many tubing changes with drains and refills...anyways!

This thing came with custom fittings that aren't available anywhere else. On the block it has dual 45 degree swivel fittings and they work just fine. There are absolutely no leaks or anything. One of them has a very loose swivel though. It's so loose in fact that I can pop it apart at the swivel easier than ANY quick disconnect I've ever used. Inside is an o ring and then a metal ring that holds the two pieces together. I've tried EVERYTHING i can think of to expand that metal ring JUST enough to get a tighter grip but have had no luck. Like I said, it DOESN'T leak. I stay with my friend's family though and there are often two small kids around who love to touch stuff. Having the build in a Corsair 780T with super easy open side panels doesn't help.

I ordered some non swivel Monsoon Chaingun fittings but I own all the Swiftech AIOs and would like to keep things as original as possible. Does anyone know a way to tighten the swivel so it won't pop off as easily?

These are truly amazing fittings and like I said, unique to this piece so I really wanna keep them in tact...despite the fact they are covered in scratches from all the plyer marks lol.

Also I know there is always a risk when kids who wanna pull on tubing are around but I mean this one just pops off wayyy too easy.

Sounds like the manufacturing tolerances on those swivel fittings are too sloppy, I've seen it before on some EK fittings I have there I've been able to pry them apart with enough force. The retention spring/wire can be opened up slightly to help grab the inner race or lip better but you are best off to just change out the fittings for standard G1/4" swivel fittings to ensure it doesn't come apart. 

On 7/18/2019 at 1:19 AM, W-L said:

Sounds like the manufacturing tolerances on those swivel fittings are too sloppy, I've seen it before on some EK fittings I have there I've been able to pry them apart with enough force. The retention spring/wire can be opened up slightly to help grab the inner race or lip better but you are best off to just change out the fittings for standard G1/4" swivel fittings to ensure it doesn't come apart. 

Yeah I eventually decided upon that. I just like how tightly these Swiftech fittings hold the tubing. Obviously their Lok-Tite series is built pretty much the same way, except that you can't get the swivel adapter and fitting in one solid piece. Plus I've read countless reviews about the same issue I've had on these unique Prestige unit fittings.

I'll probably just buy some swivel adapters to go with the Chaingun fittings I already bought.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Have you tried new rubber o-rings? You might be able to find a replacement metal ring somewhere like mcmasters. If you can measure the ring and post dimensions it could help.

I don't know what I'm doing, and you can't stop me!