TT 240MM or 120MM + 3 fans for Ryzen and odd case

Hey Guys,

So im stuck at a decision, i want to RGB MA LYF and watercool it, and i love the thermaltake Pure fans and coolers, they are extremely nicely designed, controllers are awesome, and i just like how they do things.

Now for my decision block.

Also please bear in mind im in Australia, we don't have stock in every brand and prices are high here.

I have a Ryzen 2600, MSi MB, and a masterbox lite 5 case ( i regret buying this ) its a little cheap, and lacks good airflow from the front of the case due to a blocked front cover with 2 entry points on the top of the case.

i should also mention the top of the case is a big slab of metal, no air flow or entry points for air on the top

Price is a factor here to.

I have looked at every other vendor, no other vendor offers the simplistic cabling that TT offers, and software control besides Corsair, and corsair are to damn expensive with their LL's

So basically, i was looking at the 2 possible configurations.

Buy a triple Pure fan Pack with 3 fans + controller + their new RGB/Fan Link Controller for Motherboard RGB/PWM Control instead of using their software + the 120MM RGB Water 3.0 Cooler with RGB and a Pure Fan, link them all up and smooth sailing and it could exhaust the air out the back.

this all up was close to 260$

Or, buy a 240MM Water 3.0 ARGB Cooler, and somehow find a single RGB Pure fan ( i cant find them as a single fan ANYWHERE ) and put the 240MM at the front of the case, with the fans on the inside pulling air in and exhausting out the back.

This is around 150$ big price difference.

The issues with both

Single 120MM RGB Cooler + fans – nice RGB setup, looks nice, but its a single radiator with a ryzen 2600 that i want to run in OC Mode and get the most out of, so cooling is a concern.

the 240MM RGB Cooler + 1 fan – a much larger radiator, but my case is odd, it lacks frontal airflow and if i mount the fans to the front of the case from the inside, they "hit" the metal in an odd way and make a ticking sound, its hard to explain so i would have to mount the fans facing inside the case with the radiator screwed in from the front panel which im guessing would restrict airflow.

So im not sure which config to go with.

You’ve done it again, for us black/dark theme users your posts look like this 

22A5B5F8-E35B-44FF-B3DC-4FC718B7B012.png

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

no idea what u mean by again, i had no idea this was even a thing haha

Let me know how to fix it and ill adjust my post :)