3.5mm input Infiniti 2004 QX56

iKingRPG

Hi, I know there are low odds that anyone on this forum has the same/similar car. Basically I bought an Anker Roav Bolt which is a thing that has Google Assistant and play through car speakers, and it has 2 options for audio output.

A. Bluetooth

B. 3.5mm aux output

The car has no Bluetooth audio fyi

I tried to use an fm transmitter, but the one I got doesn't have a removable cable, and because of the shape of the area around the power outlet, it wont fit on while plugged in. So I assumed I could use a 3.5mm cable, but turns out the 3.5mm port in the back seats only works for headphones, not as input. So I was wondering if anyone knows how I can wire something. I'm new to this, but also a fm transmitter of a different form factor isn't a permanent solution. Thanks. I assume since the car has an option to have dvd players installed in the ceiling, I can wire something. I don't know exactly what's up there, but I will look tomorrow. Please share any suggestions or opinions. Thanks!

Imho you should look into an aftermarket deck. Its a lot less headaches with more features than OEM deck. They're very easy to install and take very little electrical knowledge. If you can use basic hand tools and a tiny bit of problem solving your set to install it your self.

The oem head unit with dvd would most likely be a different part number and would probably leave you in the same situation. The extra penny it would take to have a 3.5mm jack or an rca in an oem headunit from the get go is too much to ask from auto manufacturers.

But obviously do your research. If your lucky and they have one hiding behind the headunit i would use that but the majority of the time you're SOL.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

I've had a roav in the past but not the same one as yours what I did to get the audio playing through car speakers while connecting via bluetooth to my phone was downloading the roav app on my phone then changing to an empty station of my regular car radio then going to the roav app and changing the radio station of the roav to the same empty station I set my car radio to. This will only work for FM if i recall correctly. Your phone will connect to the roav with bluetooth to play audio not the car 

33 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

I've had a roav in the past but not the same one as yours what I did to get the audio playing through car speakers while connecting via bluetooth to my phone was downloading the roav app on my phone then changing to an empty station of my regular car radio then going to the roav app and changing the radio station of the roav to the same empty station I set my car radio to. This will only work for FM if i recall correctly. Your phone will connect to the roav with bluetooth to play audio not the car 

I wish I could do this, but the specific model I have, the Roav Bolt with Google Assistant, has no FM transmitter feature. Only 3.5mm and Bluetooth.. ☹️ I almost wish i got the one without Google Assistant that had the fm transmitter.

10 minutes ago, iKingRPG said:

I wish I could do this, but the specific model I have, the Roav Bolt with Google Assistant, has no FM transmitter feature. Only 3.5mm and Bluetooth.. ☹️ I almost wish i got the one without Google Assistant that had the fm transmitter.

have you downloaded the roav app and connected to the roav bolt via phone? edit: nvm looking like you will need some kind of fm transmitter as well. I'd return the volt or sell it and get the version with the fm transmitter if you don't care about the google assistant 

12 hours ago, VenomZ_ said:

have you downloaded the roav app and connected to the roav bolt via phone? edit: nvm looking like you will need some kind of fm transmitter as well. I'd return the volt or sell it and get the version with the fm transmitter if you don't care about the google assistant 

Well it is for my dad actually so the idea was using Google Assistant.. also this one doesn't work with the Roav app, how it works is you connect is you connect it to a phone via Bluetooth and it opens up the Google Assistant app where you set it up. I think later I'll look at the wiring and see if somehow I can make it work. Otherwise I'll get a different FM transmitter.  Or I could return everything and get one of those Android auto things. I don't know I'll have to look at the car, and I'll update here. I may just have to put it in our new car.