No space for a CPU cooler. Any suggestions?

Duski

Hello.

I currently have the i5 8400 with a stock cooler and the temperatures are ok-ish (40*C idle, 60-70*C while gaming, it even reached 73*C while in Novigrad, The Witcher 3). I would like to change the stock cooler with something better but my main problem is the lack of space. As you can see in the picture down bellow, the RAM slots are way to close to the CPU fan, leaving me with only a few options when it comes to cooling (AIO or Low Profile). My maximum budget would be around 60 USD and so far I only found the Cryorig C7, Corsair H45 and Noctua NH-L9i but I don't even know if they would fit. The case is a middletower one ( 55.2 x 28.0 x 53.5) so there's plenty of space, but my mobo is to small (Asus H310M-K).

P.S The reason I want to change the stock cooler is not related to noise, but to temperatures. I keep my PC on for about 15 hours / day so I want it to be as cold as it can get, and than I game for about 3 or 4 hours, maybe more, depending on how busy I am.

Thank you

20190715_225209.jpg

Your temps are fine and excessively low temps don't provide any practical benefit.

Have you tried synthetic loads like OCCT for temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

73 degrees isn't a high temperature. Sure, it could be cooler but the CPU is still comfortable at that temp.

Anyways, you should be able to slap a coolermaster 212 evo in there by visual inspection, but we would need more information to come to any conclusions. Your cooler is fine though.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

noctua l9i is quiet but it sux at cooling. Give that one a pass. I think there is a thicker version of that which performs much better.

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W