500$-, 750$-, 1000$-, 1250$-, 1500$ and 2000$ gaming systems!

Hey guys!

DISCLAIMER: I don't say my suggestions are perfect, they should help you to find a starting point.

I've noticed there are quite some people on the forums, who are asking for some system suggestions for a set price point.

So I've put together gaming systems for the different price points above, to help some people out.

All systems exclude an operating system and are also configured in a matching colour scheme!

I will post the link to the build and add a small description to it.

All systems are aimed to get the most out of your Games!

Accessories are not included, like additional case fans.

Sidenote: I didn't include the discounts into my calculation, since they might change any time. If you are lucky you will get these systems cheaper than the set budget!

Sidenote 2: Data from January 29th 2014.

Sidenote 3: You might want to exchange some cases, if you don't like them. Just make sure, your case fits all the hardware!

Sidenote 4: I only used nvidia cards, because at the moment you get more for your money over on the green side, due to the high prices of AMD cards at the moment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

500$ Build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3ICtx

• This build is capable of up to medium settings for current generation titles at 1080p!
  • Also it can be overclocked to achieve a smoother performance in Games!
  • This build features a microATX mainboard, since it is way cheaper than a usual ATX build!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

750$ Build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2Jdfz

• Slightly over 750$, but worth it!
  • This build is capable of up to high settings for current generation titles at 1080p!
  • This build also is overclockable!

1000$ Build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2JeBF

• This build is capable of high-ultra settings for current generation titles at 1080p!
  • You will be able to get some decent overclocks with this config!
  • This build finally features an SSD!

1250$ Build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Pt4H8d

• This build is easily capable of ultra settings for current generation titles at 1080p!
  • Nice overclocks on this one too!
  • Unfortunately it wasn't enough for a 250GB SSD :(
  • Slightly over 1250$, but again definetly worth it!

1500$ Build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PfRrYJ

• This build isn't very different from the 1250$ build, but has some neat tweaks to it.
  • It finally features a 250GB SSD
  • Expect some badass overclocks with this config, with the h100i and the 750W PSU!
  • 1080p ultra with ease, especially when overclocked!
  • Added a 1866 Mhz RAM stick instead of 1600Mhz, since this build is aimed at overclocking and high clockspeeds.
  • Slightly over budget again unfortunately.

2000$ Build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2nMzFT

• Featuring the 4790k and the 780 Ti!
  • Expect kickin' ass performance and overclocking potential to the absolute maximum!
  • Play any title maxed out at 1080p!
  • With the 4770k and 16GB you will be able not only to game like a king, but also do tasks like rendering easily!
  • Slightly over the budget again though.
  • You might want to step up and buy some additional case fans. Since you spent 2k on a rig, I'm sure you can afford some small case fans, too! ;)

I will edit these builds for optimization and price variation as best as i can.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated!

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

Thanks for taking the time to do this, this is bound to settle some people down.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, this is bound to settle some people down.

My pleasure, took me about 2 hours :P

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

so... yeah, you choose only 1x8gb kits because???

another thing that I saw that you used only nvidia cards "/

in about 2-3 days these builds will be obsolete because of the price variations

don't worry, you're not the only one who tried to do the same thing ;)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

$500 build, change that out for the new A10-7850k, so much faster.

Also, Dual channel man, You need the dual channelz

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Stuff that's wrong it the 2000$ one: Why a normal 840 get a evo cheaper and faster, 1tbg hdd are you kidding me, 750D way to big,bronze PSU should be gold and why the hell would one need a dvd drive? 

@Aleks or...we could make our own :D Not everyone is printed in black and white so not everyone has the same needs.

@Mecami Thanks for contributing your builds and work ethics for different system prices.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Why did you not include dual channel memory in anything but the $2k build?

To offer some upgrade options. I like to get as few sticks as possible, just my own opinion though.

@Aleks or...we could make our own :D Not everyone is printed in black and white so not everyone has the same needs.

Oh absolutely, I am just stating the fact that this is bound to help a lot of people either way. :)

why the hell would one need a dvd drive? 

Lots of people? I use mine at least once a week. Besides, they're only $15

Lots of people? I use mine at least once a week. Besides, they're only $15

I haven't used one in 4 years. 

Stuff that's wrong it the 2000$ one: Why a normal 840 get a evo cheaper and faster, 1tbg hdd are you kidding me, 750D way to big,bronze PSU should be gold and why the hell would one need a dvd drive? 

Wait, why is the 750D way to big? And trust me, it sucks when you uninstall your DVD drive (thinking you will never need it) and then realize you need it a month later :D I do agree with the PSU, for $2000 it should be platinum!

Just the other day I had to use my DVD drive to get drivers off of a disc for a computer that didn't have a DVD drive.

Wait, why is the 750D way to big? And trust me, it sucks when you uninstall your DVD drive and then realize you need it a month later :D I do agree with the PSU, for $2000 it should be platinum!

It doesn't really save that much money.... You'd have to use your computer 24/7 at full load for like a year for it to pay for itself.

But, nevertheless, I do agree. Gold/Platinum for that kind of a budget. 

Wait, why is the 750D way to big? And trust me, it sucks when you uninstall your DVD drive and then realize you need it a month later :D I do agree with the PSU, for $2000 it should be platinum!

Unless you are wc (custome loop not a little 240mm AIO) or SlI/ Xfire then no it's just to big. (I have it trust me) (I see you also have it still way too big.) 

First off stop the rant please, I'm trying to lead clueless people in the right direction. I didn't say my suggestion is perfect, but I'm sure it will help some people.

I edited the 2k build now.

I chose the 750D because it offers some heavy customisation options for the future. Bronze PSU because I don't see a real point in a gold PSU, it's just so much more expensive for the few kilowatts you save.

It doesn't really save that much money.... You'd have to use your computer 24/7 at full load for like a year for it to pay for itself.

But, nevertheless, I do agree. Gold/Platinum for that kind of a budget. 

It's not only about the effiency with high 80+ standard comes the good features. Look at the RM Series. It's awesome nice and black cables. Then when you look at the AX Series... Corsair Link. 

Unless you are wc (custome loop not a little 240mm AIO) or SlI/ Xfire then no it's just to big. (I have it trust me) (I see you also have it still way too big.) 

Man, I guess I just like my space :P

First off stop the rant please, I'm trying to lead clueless people in the right direction. I didn't say my suggestion is perfect, but I'm sure it will help some people.

I chose the 750D because it offers some heavy customisation options for the future. Bronze PSU because I don't see a real point in a gold PSU, it's just so much more expensive for the few kilowatts you save.

I wasn't ranting. I may have been ranting about dvd drives but for the rest this was just my opinion. 

Lots of people use it. I use it to rip all my CDs and put them on a backup.I'm currently ripping all my Beatles albums since my brother took our music library in his laptop. Its a nice thing to have. And some people don't want an external drive which adds to the cable mess.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Your points are completely valid. You tried to give the "new" consumer a place to start out of and show them the way a bit. As they research more into it, they are completely able to change what they want. I do agree there isn't much point in arguing about this :)

Its nice that your doing this for the Forum. I suggest you try to keep it up to date. Prices vary a lot. I suggest that if you have the time, update the builds if necessary on a weekly basis. I can help if you need it.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Its nice that your doing this for the Forum. I suggest you try to keep it up to date. Prices vary a lot. I suggest that if you have the time, update the builds if necessary on a weekly basis. I can help if you need it.

Great idea.

I'm happy you like it :)

I will try to update it and also tweak it a bit over time.