Can a display port to hdmi adapter also have an hdmi splitter on it?

kingkandy

I have a second monitor coming in soon, however I only have the display port available because the hdmi on the graphics card is being used

HDMI splitters don't allow you to run independent displays, they can only duplicate the same image to both monitors.

You need a DisplayPort MST hub with DP to HDMI adapters on each output. Some MST hubs have this built in.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07575NBTV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_h2HkDb22RR9DC

If you want the monitors to be duplicated, then yes. But if you only have two monitors with one HDMI port being used, why do you need the splitter if you're already buying an adapter to use the second monitor?

Just now, boltoflightning said:

If you want the monitors to be duplicated, then yes. But if you only have two monitors with one HDMI port being used, why do you need the splitter if you're already buying an adapter to use the second monitor?

The Oculus Rift is using the hdmi port, however I could always just disconnect the vr and hook in the second display and do that

3 minutes ago, kingkandy said:

The Oculus Rift is using the hdmi port, however I could always just disconnect the vr and hook in the second display and do that

You don't have to. Do you want your displays to be duplicated or separate?

Just now, boltoflightning said:

You don't have to. Do you want your displays to be duplicated or separate?

Separate

1 minute ago, kingkandy said:

Separate

Well, you might have to buy something like Glenwing linked. You'll have to go into your display settings and then choose to have separate displays and not mirrored, though I'm not sure if it will work since the PC will be outputting to the one DisplayPort. Good luck.