PC upgrade Ryzen 5 3600 Recomendations

Hey, I'm looking for a little help, I want to upgrade my PC with a "Ryzen 5 3600" and want to overclock it. For the Motherboard, I am a little bit tempted to buy the "Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7" because I am a little bit obsessed with RGB and it is similarly priced to the entry-level x570 boards in my country(Germany) because of VAT. And for the Memory, I don't have any clue which one to choose for this combination. Any suggestions for Memory or some critics to the Motherboard choice?

current PC

• CPU: Intel i7 4770k
  • Mainboard: Asrock Z97 Killer
  • GPU: RX Vega 64
  • RAM: 16 GB Kingston with low frequency
  • Cooling: Custom EK Loop for CPU and GPU (bought an Am4 mount so I will also cool the Ryzen 5 3600 with this)

Just get an MSI b450 board. Most of those have biosflashback on them so you can update to a 3000-series bios without a supported cpu or ram.

MSI b450 pro carbon is quite nice. Wlan and bluetooth with vrm comparable to most under 200€ x470 motherboards.

2 hours ago, alatron978 said:

Get either 3200mhz cl16 or 3600mhz cl18, depends on the difference in pricing in your region.

I think i am going then with the corsair vengeance 3200 CL16, if it sounds right?

3 hours ago, thinwalrus said:

Just get an MSI b450 board. Most of those have biosflashback on them so you can update to a 3000-series bios without a supported cpu or ram.

MSI b450 pro carbon is quite nice. Wlan and bluetooth with vrm comparable to most under 200€ x470 motherboards.

I know that the Msi pro carbon is a good board and I would pick it, but I need some more  USB 3.0 Ports on the back. ( A USB 3.0 extender card isn't an option because my case won't allow this. I have my GPU vertical mounted and it blocks all PCIe ports ) And I know the "Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7" is much more pricy. The Problem on my side is that I want a Motherboard which will support PCIe 4.0 (I don't want to switch the CPU for at least 4 years and I ain't sure if in 3 to 4 years it will be necessary to not bottleneck the GPU) and I also want a fancy board (I am a little bit picky and want a covered IO). If the PCIe 4.0 wouldn't be a thing I would probably choose the "Asus x370 Crosshair VI Hero".

3 hours ago, Linkfire said:

I know that the Msi pro carbon is a good board and I would pick it, but I need some more  USB 3.0 Ports on the back. ( A USB 3.0 extender card isn't an option because my case won't allow this. I have my GPU vertical mounted and it blocks all PCIe ports ) And I know the "Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7" is much more pricy. The Problem on my side is that I want a Motherboard which will support PCIe 4.0 (I don't want to switch the CPU for at least 4 years and I ain't sure if in 3 to 4 years it will be necessary to not bottleneck the GPU) and I also want a fancy board (I am a little bit picky and want a covered IO). If the PCIe 4.0 wouldn't be a thing I would probably choose the "Asus x370 Crosshair VI Hero".

Covered io is useless in most cases as it heats up the vrm more with that plastic stuff on top of it.