AX 750 PSU Problem.

Hi,

My AX 750 has a problem. It goes on one time and after I go to restart the computer it loses the 5 and 12 volt rails and the PC won't restart. I found this after removing the PSU and connecting it to anther PC that I use for troubleshooting. Also when I switch my DMM using the dreaded Molex connector to AC I get a pulse from 18.5 to 19 volts with the meter on AC. The 5 and the 12 volt DC look to be completely regulated staying at 5.25 and 12.10 on the molex plug. When the PSU is restarted after shutdown no power present. Power LED lights and no fans on motherboard, no 5 or 12 from molex.

The computer that the PSU was connected to just blacked out while in use. It seems that it was protectection.

Any suggestions for repair? Seems like more than a run of the mill PSU. Initial start and no restart after shutting down.

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out that talking to Corsair was a good idea. They shipped me a replacement for my AX 750 in a more modern model. I told them the same that I observed in this inquiry and they stated that it sounds like a dying psu.

The computer is working fine after swapping the PSU.

Thumbs up to corsair. They didn't have another AX 750, so they sent a HX 850 as a replacement. Great service Corsair.