does the gpu have to be compatible with the cpu?

hiltomedy1

hey i purchased a gtx 1660 ti gaming x from msi and currently have a i7 6700k cpu, wondering if i’ll encounter any problems and want to make sure i made the right purchase. thanks.

im also bringing it back to home country will i encounter any problems at the airport?

No you won't.

Edit: Totally didn't see it was a 2 question. Though my answer applies to both questions. With the airport you can check anything in a bag. I've brought plenty of computer parts with me when I travel. Just put them in my checked luggage and on my way.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo