Overclocking attempts so far

I am messing around with some average settings using a video I found currently I am running AIDA64 its been 30 minutes with adaptive voltage the volts go to 1.17/8 most of the time at 4.2GHz not sure on this but hey its my first attempt max temp was 75 so far if it goes any higher I basically know the chip or my cooler sucks :3

I am messing around with some average settings using a video I found currently I am running AIDA64 its been 30 minutes with adaptive voltage the volts go to 1.17/8 most of the time at 4.2GHz not sure on this but hey its my first attempt max temp was 75 so far if it goes any higher I basically know the chip or my cooler sucks :3

85 degrees is a good temp for a modern cpu running aida64

85 degrees is a good temp for a modern cpu running aida64

so 75 is ok first time doing some overclocking trying to get my bearings right 

so 75 is ok first time doing some overclocking trying to get my bearings right 

Yup, very good actually. What cooler are you using?

Yup, very good actually. What cooler are you using?

H80i also should I run AIDA for 1 or 2 hours the temps also jumped to about 78 now after about 40 minutes of AIDA

H80i also should I run AIDA for 1 or 2 hours?

Not bad at all, for using a single thick rad. People say that you should run it for 6 hours, but I really don't see the point. I've just overclocked for the first time on my 4770k kinda like an hour ago, I've now run the aida64 for about 16 mins, with no problems. I'd recommend going for atleast an hour though. If you don't get a problem within the first hour, it's unlikely that you will get one later.

Not bad at all, for using a single thick rad. People say that you should run it for 6 hours, but I really don't see the point. I've just overclocked for the first time on my 4770k kinda like an hour ago, I've now run the aida64 for about 16 mins, with no problems. I'd recommend going for atleast an hour though. If you don't get a problem within the first hour, it's unlikely that you will get one later.

Ok well the max temp its reached is 78 after about 50 minutes 

Ok well the max temp its reached is 78 after about 50 minutes 

That's very good, if I were you, I'd try maybe cranking up the voltage a little bit, and try 4.3 maybe  even 4.4ghz

That's very good, if I were you, I'd try maybe cranking up the voltage a little bit, and try 4.3 maybe  even 4.4ghz

I was told by other members if it gets to 75 degrees leave it but I doubt I will ever be at this 100% load state even rendering since I mostly use the GPU

I was told by other members if it gets to 75 degrees leave it but I doubt I will ever be at this 100% load state even rendering since I mostly use the GPU

Yeah, it's an artificial load, it will never occur in real life.

Yeah, it's an artificial load, it will never occur in real life.

well its been an hour and 5 minutes from that would you assume its stable at this clock?

well its been an hour and 5 minutes from that would you assume its stable at this clock?

I'd think so, I only tested every clock like 15 mins, because I'm lazy :P