Streaming Machine

Mr_Argon

Hi all

So my friend wants a PC to stream modernish games on. (He said he'll be steaming popular games, along with a few of his favorites, Fortnite, Black Ops 4, maybe some newer games).

His budget is 2000NZD (about 1330USD), but he would like to keep it as low as possible below that.

I'm thinking Ryzen? Also I might ask him to wait for third party RX 5700XT's as they should be much better than the Nvidia alternative.

Note: he does not have any peripherals yet, he wants to see what will suit the build.

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Is he gaming and streaming from the same PC?

Yes he is

Just now, Mr_Argon said:

Yes he is

I would opt for an Nvidia card then, NVENC is incredibly useful when gaming and streaming on one system.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I would opt for an Nvidia card then, NVENC is incredibly useful when gaming and streaming on one system.

So would a 2070 be a good idea? A lot of stores around where he lives still stock them, and will probably still stock them for a while.

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

this

also, the nvidia and amd options trade blows when not streaming anyway, no third party card is going to blow that difference out of the water like you expect, especially not an amd third party. board partners save sapphire tend to fugg amd over with component quality.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Just now, Mr_Argon said:

So would a 2070 be a good idea? A lot of stores around where he lives still stock them, and will probably still stock them for a while.

That's a pretty good option.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

That's a pretty good option.

So what about the rest of his system? I was thinking Ryzen 3rd gen maybe? Although maybe a 2nd gen to save money at this point. he is willing to overclock

1 minute ago, Mr_Argon said:

So what about the rest of his system? I was thinking Ryzen 3rd gen maybe? Although maybe a 2nd gen to save money at this point. he is willing to overclock

3rd gen if he doesn't need to play Destiny 2 any time soon. If not, then 2nd gen.

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

3rd gen if he doesn't need to play Destiny 2 any time soon. If not, then 2nd gen.

What would you suggest for the motherboard? The x570 boards look expensive and those chipset fans aren't appealing. I've also chosen the 3600x as the most likely CPU

17 minutes ago, Mr_Argon said:

What would you suggest for the motherboard? The x570 boards look expensive and those chipset fans aren't appealing. I've also chosen the 3600x as the most likely CPU

Unless the system is needed soon, I'd wait for the next generation of B-series boards.