4gb vs 8gb?

Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

Don't worry about the memory, a 580 is faster than a 570 regardless and unless you're playing at 4k (which a 570 can't really handle anyway) you won't need more than 4gb. Given the rest of your specs and that it's not supposed to be a beast, spare your money and go for an rx 570.

I'm building a low cost low level "gaming" pc. (Mostly just for school work but also light gaming such as "minecraft, Alex legends, and maybe gta") this is what I have:

I5 3570

4x4gb ddr3 1333

500 watt evga psu.

My question is, should I get the rx570 or rx580. The most important question I have is, is there enough difference between the 4gb and 8gb to make a difference? Would it be worth getting the 8gb over the 4gb? Again, this isnt supposed to be a beast but I want the best gpu for it. Thanks.

580 8GB will last longer than a 580 4GB due to the extra VRAM.

I would also encourage you to look at an i7-3770 or 3770K if your motherboard supports overclocking.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Don't worry about the memory, a 580 is faster than a 570 regardless and unless you're playing at 4k (which a 570 can't really handle anyway) you won't need more than 4gb. Given the rest of your specs and that it's not supposed to be a beast, spare your money and go for an rx 570.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

As far as I could tell between the two, there's really no difference in performance. The only time the GPU would really need more VRAM is if you're trying to push 4K resolutions or high quality MSAA, which the card won't really do acceptably anyway. I'm also not convinced that VRAM usage is an indication of absolute necessity to run a game smoothly.