4770k voltage and temps

Guys, I'm going for a 4.5ghz overclock for now, and I'm currently running an aida64 cpu, fpu memory and cache stresstest and I'm getting an average I'd say about 60-65 deg max 70, at a voltage of 1.2 and a multiplier at 45. Is this good?

That is very good. Push it harder. You can go up to 85  on aida64. You have a very good chip.

Guys, I'm going for a 4.5ghz overclock for now, and I'm currently running an aida64 cpu, fpu memory and cache stresstest and I'm getting an average I'd say about 60-65 deg max 70, at a voltage of 1.2 and a multiplier at 45. Is this good?

Thats a fantastic chip :) mine maxes around 88ish on aida running 4.8ghz  average temps of about 78 you can push harder like the guy above me stated

Put 1,4VIN and 2,15VCCIN on it and run X264 benchmark with a multiplier of 48 or something and see if it is stable.

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

Put 1,4VIN and 2,15VCCIN on it and run X264 benchmark with a multiplier of 48 or something and see if it is stable.

Whats VIN and CCIN?

That is very good. Push it harder. You can go up to 85  on aida64. You have a very good chip.

Ok, thanks, I'll keep pushing

1.4 volts and what is vccin?

Thats a fantastic chip :) mine maxes around 88ish on aida running 4.8ghz  average temps of about 78 you can push harder like the guy above me stated

So, if my maximum temp goes past 85 deg, should I turn the voltage/multiplier down?

So, if my maximum temp goes past 85 deg, should I turn the voltage/multiplier down?

depends how far past 85. im 3 degrees over and left it :) i have a pretty powerful cooler though so obviously unless you have the cooling to support an extreme oc like mine dont try running 4.8ghz with 1.4volts youll just burn your cpu out

depends how far past 85. im 3 degrees over and left it :) i have a pretty powerful cooler though so obviously unless you have the cooling to support an extreme oc like mine dont try running 4.8ghz with 1.4volts youll just burn your cpu out

But, if I'm at pretty much always at 80-85ish and sometimes it bounces up to 95, should I turn it down?

But, if I'm at pretty much always at 80-85ish and sometimes it bounces up to 95, should I turn it down?

I would leave it at that point it'll never get to that in gameing anyway

I would leave it at that point it'll never get to that in gameing anyway

Yeah, I'm happy with 4.7ghz :D

Yeah, I'm happy with 4.7ghz :D

Yeah that's a good oc. What's your cooler out of curiosity.

I have no problem at all running 1,408Vcore trough my CPU with a Dark Rock Pro 2 <air cooler. Max temp during BF4 is about 70-75C for the hottest core. 

Whats VIN and CCIN?

Mistyped that, I meant VID. The VID is the Core voltage you set in the BIOS. The VCore is the actual core voltage that gets send to your CPU, this you can read out with HWinfo or CPUz, or with a multimeter if your motherboard supports that (the G45 does not, but the MPower does). For example: the voltage I set in the BIOS is 1,38 core voltage, but the actual voltage send to the CPU is 1,408v. 

The VCCIN, Vrin, VCCIN or Eventual Input Voltage (all means the same) is the voltage that gets send to the whole CPU. Here a picture:

voltageplanes_550.png

After ~1,35Vcore you will need to raise the VCCIN, otherwise you will not be able (or with higher than necessary VID) to get a stable overclock. Some links with more information: 

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1482/ 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1411077/haswell-overclocking-thread-with-statistics

http://www.overclock.net/t/1401976/the-gigabyte-z87-haswell-overclocking-oc-guide <for Gigabyte mobo's so the settings will not be the same as your MSI mobo bu there are some very interesting things inside. 

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

oh nice. How much and which block?

700+mm of rads and a 380i. I'm using the stock thermal compound, I need to change it to a better thermal compound, so that I get better temps

I have no problem at all running 1,408Vcore trough my CPU with a Dark Rock Pro 2 <air cooler. Max temp during BF4 is about 70-75C for the hottest core.

Mistyped that, I meant VID. The VID is the Core voltage you set in the BIOS. The VCore is the actual core voltage that gets send to your CPU, this you can read out with HWinfo or CPUz, or with a multimeter if your motherboard supports that (the G45 does not, but the MPower does). For example: the voltage I set in the BIOS is 1,38 core voltage, but the actual voltage send to the CPU is 1,408v.

The VCCIN, Vrin, VCCIN or Eventual Input Voltage (all means the same) is the voltage that gets send to the whole CPU. Here a picture:

voltageplanes_550.png

After ~1,35Vcore you will need to raise the VCCIN, otherwise you will not be able (or with higher than necessary VID) to get a stable overclock. Some links with more information:

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1482/

http://www.overclock.net/t/1411077/haswell-overclocking-thread-with-statistics

http://www.overclock.net/t/1401976/the-gigabyte-z87-haswell-overclocking-oc-guide <for Gigabyte mobo's so the settings will not be the same as your MSI mobo bu there are some very interesting things inside.

that's damn impressive actually you must have one lucky chip