iGPU

Ergroilnin

Hello,

I have been wondering about what is the best iGPU out there and if that does beat say the old 730 or even the newer 1030? Are there even any dedicated GPUs which are worse than the high end iGPUs? if so, what is their purpose? Because I suppose that even best igpu cpu combo should not beat a decent cpu and entry level gpu at performance per price?

8 minutes ago, Ergroilnin said:

what is their purpose?

For people who don't need a GPU to have a way to connect a monitor. Also very useful for troubleshooting and backup when you GPU decides to act up or die.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

14 minutes ago, Ergroilnin said:

what is the best iGPU out there

i think the ones on ryzen G chips are the best igpu out there, dont quote me on that

if that does beat say the old 730 or even the newer 1030?

hmmm.... never thought about that

Are there even any dedicated GPUs which are worse than the high end iGPUs?

in term of what? gaming? video decoding?

old dGPU are pretty bad at video decoding, my GT9600 can hardly decode some youtube 1080p videos smoothly.

15 minutes ago, Ergroilnin said:

what is their purpose

most people who use iGPU just wanna use their computer for casual stuffs, like browsing n stuffs, nothing 3D intensive

i would even argue light gaming is fine on iGPU

16 minutes ago, Ergroilnin said:

I suppose that even best igpu cpu combo should not beat a decent cpu and entry level gpu at performance per price?

uhh... nothing at the low end makes much of a good value for gaming if gaming is your priority

just spend a bit more on a GPU and you'll get massive improvements.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

19 minutes ago, Ergroilnin said:

I have been wondering about what is the best iGPU out there and if that does beat say the old 730 or even the newer 1030?

The Ryzen 5 3400G is the beefiest iGPU in the game right now. Its predecessor, the 2400G, was beaten by the GT 1030, as shown by GamersNexus, but it does surpass the 730. Hopefully the 3400G will compete with the 750 to this time around as the lowest end 1080p experience.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 hours ago, fasauceome said:

The Ryzen 5 3400G is the beefiest iGPU in the game right now. Its predecessor, the 2400G, was beaten by the GT 1030, as shown by GamersNexus, but it does surpass the 730. Hopefully the 3400G will compete with the 750 to this time around as the lowest end 1080p experience.

Just built a system with the 3400G for my mom. This is the perfect usecase of an iGPU: someone who doesn't intend to play anything newer than Sims 2 and wants to watch/stream 1080p/4k content without worrying about their computer ever being slow. All for the sweet price of $150