issues with internet speeds

RasmusDC

i am really having issues.. and i really don´t get why.

i have a 1/1gbit in house, got rid of my 5/5 since i really did not have that much success with 10Gbit, and router performance.

I am running a simple setup

Altibox fiber router, in bridgemode

Edgerouter ER4 to route, only one single lan array buildt

Unifi 150watt 16 port gigabit switch (and 2 wifi hotsports, a inwall HD and a NANO POE driven)

everything is CAT6, and everything runs 960/960 speedtest.net

But if i start a single instance of SKYPE, either business og the normal skype, then i test 250-500/960mbit, so my download plummets, just on the skype running machine, can still run 960/960 on my server, while running skype on my main pc.

tried full reinstall, new hardware, still the same issue. the instance i close Skype in taskmanager, i am back to 960/960mbit speedtests.

it is really wierd, also thought it was cabling, so tried pulling new cables, the really expensive shielded versions, thick and really not that easy to pull in tubes. still the same issue. 

stopped using skype, but i am actually missing it, because a lot of my old contact base, is on it. 

edit : added detail, WHEN i am running skype, and speedtesting 250-500mbit, i can still download from the server internally with 100+ MB/sec, so internal speeds are not hit, by skype.

Edited by RasmusDC