Building a new pc - Ryzen

Go to solution Solved by maartendc,
18 minutes ago, Xuseen said:

Hello all,

* Will the CPU keep up with GPU?

* Can I downgrade the MOBO to last gen and still get the most out of the GPU? ( Does GPU actually use the bandwith of PCIe 4?)

Yes, that CPU is a great choice. The only reason to gt a 3700X instead, is if you can use the 2 extra cores for productivity workloads (not gaming). Or if you have a high refresh rate 1080P monitor maybe.

and

Yes, you can save some money going with B450 motherboard. No, the GPU does not use the PCIe 4.0 bandwidth PCIe 4.0 is only beneficial for very fast SSD's, such as the new Corsair MP600 (which isnt even out yet I think). I would recommend B450 to save some money.

Perhaps get 3600Mhz memory with the money you save on the motherboard, although 3200 Mhz should be fine too.

Other than that, no problems with this build. Looks good! MP510 is a great SSD.

Hello all,

I've been itching to buy a tower for a while now (been living on laptops for a decade) and decided I'm gonna go for it this time.

I'd like your opinions and advice considering the build bellow. My main questions are:

* Can I downgrade the MOBO to last gen and still get the most out of the GPU? ( Does GPU actually use the bandwith of PCIe 4?)

Thanks!

Kind regards

Xuseen

image.thumb.png.0f37df487f8f832f31eaf0b1ce8179c4.png

18 minutes ago, Xuseen said:

Hello all,

Yes, that CPU is a great choice. The only reason to gt a 3700X instead, is if you can use the 2 extra cores for productivity workloads (not gaming). Or if you have a high refresh rate 1080P monitor maybe.

and

Yes, you can save some money going with B450 motherboard. No, the GPU does not use the PCIe 4.0 bandwidth PCIe 4.0 is only beneficial for very fast SSD's, such as the new Corsair MP600 (which isnt even out yet I think). I would recommend B450 to save some money.

Perhaps get 3600Mhz memory with the money you save on the motherboard, although 3200 Mhz should be fine too.

40 minutes ago, maartendc said:

and

Awesome, thanks mate!