Probably a stupid question

Ok I’m installing my first cpu water block right now, this might sound stupid but how do you know when you’ve tightened it down enough? I obviously don’t wanna go till I bend the mobo lol, but how do you know when you’re tight enough? Just basically as long as it doesn’t wiggle?

What block are you using, they all have different mounting mechanisms but there should either be a manual with it, or one online with directions.

Most water blocks i've used only turn so far and there is only so much thread and you cant turn the screw anymore to tighten it.

It was a Bitski block, so the manual was basically useless. I basically just used discretion and got it tightened down till I felt like it was a good amount of equal pressure. Computer has been running for about 3 hours now and it is preforming just fine so I guess I got it lol

4 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

It was a Bitski block, so the manual was basically useless. I basically just used discretion and got it tightened down till I felt like it was a good amount of equal pressure. Computer has been running for about 3 hours now and it is preforming just fine so I guess I got it lol

As long as temps are good and theres no leaks you should be good.