3600 vs 3600x vs 3700x which is best for gaming

1 minute ago, Plutosaurus said:

What game do you stream?

WoW or something?

Fortnite competitive and yes I stream

1 minute ago, LeonTheLobster said:

Fortnite perhaps? Competitive end games are extremely CPU Intensive

Then given the dude was using GPU encoding anyways, he should probably have gone with an unlocked Intel instead of being in the situation he's in now.

That said, the 3600 performs about equal to an 8700k, and since you can't afford the 3700x or 3900x, and are using GPU encoding, get the 3600 imo.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, LeonTheLobster said:

Fortnite perhaps? Competitive end games are extremely CPU Intensive

Yeah so is it worth it 2700x to a 3600x and save $80 

Just now, Plutosaurus said:

Then given the dude was using GPU encoding anyways, he should probably have gone with an unlocked Intel instead of being in the situation he's in now

I'm in a similar boat should I purchase a i9 9900k or Ryzen 3900x for fortnite? Is it possible for a certain chip to be more optimized for a specific game?

The advantage of the Ryzen chip for me is the included cooler...

Just now, Jedibrysen said:

Yeah so is it worth it 2700x to a 3600x and save $80 

idk probably not though since pros all use super high end cpus...

1 minute ago, Plutosaurus said:

Then given the dude was using GPU encoding anyways, he should probably have gone with an unlocked Intel instead of being in the situation he's in now.

That said, the 3600 performs about equal to an 8700k, and since you can't afford the 3700x or 3900x, and are using GPU encoding, get the 3600 imo.

3600x has a higher boost compared to a 3600 it’s a little difference but it is improved by 6%

Just now, LeonTheLobster said:

I'm in a similar boat should I purchase a i9 9900k or Ryzen 3900x for fortnite? Is it possible for a certain chip to be more optimized for a specific game?

The advantage of the Ryzen chip for me is the included cooler...

Tough call seems 9900k still wins out across the board in games but it's still expensive.

I'd just lower settings tbh

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, Jedibrysen said:

3600x has a higher boost compared to a 3600 it’s a little difference but it is improved by 6%

Seems from what I'm reading none of that matters and they don't boost for shit anyway

2 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Tough call seems 9900k still wins out across the board in games but it's still expensive.

Mine are on lowest

Thanks, everyone plays on lowest settings and are still competing for FPS end game though. Would a motherboard for the 3900x or i9 9900k be cheaper? Because the only reason I would get the 3900x over the i9 9900k is because of the included cooler...

Seems from what I'm reading none of that matters and they don't boost for shit anyway

It’s like a 10 FPS difference which can be a huge difference in end game scenerio

Just now, LeonTheLobster said:

Thanks, everyone plays on lowest settings and are still competing for FPS end game though. Would a motherboard for the 3900x or i9 9900k be cheaper? Because the only reason I would get the 3900x over the i9 9900k is because of the included cooler...

Honestly get a 3600x save a bunch of money get an X470 MB and 2x8gb 3200 ram and lose 5fps compared to a 9700k

It’s like a 10 FPS difference which can be a huge difference in end game scenerio

If you only case about Fortnite and are GPU encoding maybe a deal on a 9600k and OC to 5ghz+ might be a better use case for you as it will outperform the 3900x in highly single threaded/Intel biased games.

But, personally I wouldn't get it.

Honestly get a 3600x save a bunch of money get an X470 MB and 2x8gb 3200 ram and lose 5fps compared to a 9700k

I would get i9 9900k though

4 minutes ago, LeonTheLobster said:

It’s like a 10fps difference between the 2 the best bet is 3900x

9 minutes ago, LeonTheLobster said:

I’m personally gonna get a 3700x because vs the 3900x like 1 FPS difference 

I’m personally gonna get a 3700x because vs the 3900x like 1 FPS difference 

3700x va 3600x is the big difference 

I have seen a LOT of varying stuff between different reviewers. The new AMD chips seem to do better than even the 9900k in some games, somehow. Similar to the 5700/XT GPU's. World War Z and F1 Formula Whatever it Is gives AMD a trumpeting victory. Look at what you are playing and plan to play, especially for streaming, and look up videos testing streaming specifically. I haven't actually seen any videos on it, but it could be that the extra cores actually make a difference, or just the better multi-core performance. I held off ordering to upgrade a r3 2200g to a 3600 to get the 3700x because I want to do some video editing and stuff, plan on getting a 5700XT, plus it will hold up better in the long run most likely. Hardware nowadays in general is so specific to what you want to do - and streaming is a pretty specific job. I know someone did a video on the Navi cards and streaming, maybe they made or are going to make one with the R3000 CPUs, I know Gamer's Nexus is working on some streaming tests, and did some very comprehensive multi media testing already in their current uploaded reviews. Maybe check it out, I always recommend their videos considering how much they try to be as scientific, realistic and fair as possible.

EDIT: Here ya go

Edited by Manjushri13
Adding link

31 minutes ago, Manjushri13 said:

I have seen a LOT of varying stuff between different reviewers. The new AMD chips seem to do better than even the 9900k in some games, somehow. Similar to the 5700/XT GPU's. World War Z and F1 Formula Whatever it Is gives AMD a trumpeting victory. Look at what you are playing and plan to play, especially for streaming, and look up videos testing streaming specifically. I haven't actually seen any videos on it, but it could be that the extra cores actually make a difference, or just the better multi-core performance. I held off ordering to upgrade a r3 2200g to a 3600 to get the 3700x because I want to do some video editing and stuff, plan on getting a 5700XT, plus it will hold up better in the long run most likely. Hardware nowadays in general is so specific to what you want to do - and streaming is a pretty specific job. I know someone did a video on the Navi cards and streaming, maybe they made or are going to make one with the R3000 CPUs, I know Gamer's Nexus is working on some streaming tests, and did some very comprehensive multi media testing already in their current uploaded reviews. Maybe check it out, I always recommend their videos considering how much they try to be as scientific, realistic and fair as possible.

EDIT: Here ya go

I will look into that I’m still looking at the 3700x to keep 8 cores and get a 20% gaming boost

I dont blame you. It's probably the move if you wanna stream too.

12 minutes ago, Manjushri13 said:

I dont blame you. It's probably the move if you wanna stream too.

I’m gonna use my gpu though so ?‍♂️ Unless I get a performance boost

I’m gonna use my gpu though so ?‍♂️ Unless I get a performance boost

Did he not in that video? I am pretty sure you would still see a difference, but I am not 100% sure over the 3600/X considering how close their gaming performance seems to be.

5 minutes ago, Manjushri13 said:

Did he not in that video? I am pretty sure you would still see a difference, but I am not 100% sure over the 3600/X considering how close their gaming performance seems to be.

I’m not sure either I can’t watch the video RN im not on wifi

He doesnt go over the 3600 for streaming but other reviewers will. Just take a look around, but if you don't wanna go down from 8 cores I am not sure what we are discussing lol.

10 minutes ago, Manjushri13 said:

He doesnt go over the 3600 for streaming but other reviewers will. Just take a look around, but if you don't wanna go down from 8 cores I am not sure what we are discussing lol.

10 minutes ago, Manjushri13 said:

One thing is Everyone is out of 3700x cpus ?