No idea what motherboard to go for Ryzen 9 3900x

Title says it all.

Specs:

Sapphire Ntiro Vega 64. Could be upgrading to newest 5700XT or RTX Super later on

Corsair Vengeance 16x2 3000MHz

Seasonic Focus Gold 850W PSU.

1TB HDD

250GB SSD

250GB M.2 SSD

I probably won't be doing any overclocking apart from 1 click overclocks such as game boost or something.

Anything from this list that has "3900x OC" rating, and if older motherboard, bios flashback is needed for updating the bios:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

For the 12 core Ryzen, since you don't really plan on overclocking much I wouldnt' spend more than 200$ on the motherboard , the X570 Steel Series  I've seen already listed for 200$ and it looks like a solid motherboard, well capable of handling the 16 cores and easy overclocking options if you want.

36 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Anything from this list that has "3900x OC" rating, and if older motherboard, bios flashback is needed for updating the bios:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Not gonna lie to you that doesn't decrease my options that much. Thanks though the spreadsheet is useful. Unfortunately the ASRock Steel legend hasn't been tested yet which is really reasonable price but I'll go for something else if it isn't optimal.

This is a hard one, I can't decide between the X570 Taichi, or the X570 Aorus Elite, both seem like excellent options, at least based off of what we have so far. the Taichi has had amazing power delivery in the past, waiting to see more reviews before I make an assumption.

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard